Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
Visit Bucks County
3207 Street Rd.
DescriptionVisit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County, PA. The tourism office
promotes all there is to see and do in Bucks County to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer
travel, VBC targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings.
VBC interns will learn all aspects of the tourism and hospitality industry and the daily operation of a destination management organization by working on a variety of hands-on projects with other departments and external tourism partners.
Responsibilities• Write and publish content for VisitBucksCounty.com, guest blog posts, press releases, pitches, e-newsletters, social media, Destination Guide and other marketing collateral
• Keep media lists up-to-date and track media clips
• Monitor and assist with VBC’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Foursquare, Foodspotting and YouTube
• Research industry trends and best practices to propose ideas to VBC for possible implementation
• Support marketing initiatives including advertising planning and creative development
• Administer surveys to locals/visitors for tourism research
• Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements• Excellent communication and writing skills (Knowledge of AP Style a plus)
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube
• Outstanding time management and the ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Self-starter, ability to work independently on assigned tasks and meet deadlines
• A sense of humor