Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
Arizona Advocacy Network
3249 W. Shangri LA
DescriptionPosition: Marketing Intern
About the organization:
The Arizona Advocacy Network secures electoral justice, political rights and full civic participation, especially for underrepresented and marginalized constituencies to achieve government of, by and for the People, not corporations.
Scope of work: Defending, strengthening and expanding Arizona’s Clean Elections system; advocating for full, immediate disclosure of contributions including corporate and “independent expenditures;” promoting anti-corruption and conflict of interest laws including gift bans; GOTV in minority communities; educating and advocating on ballot measures to marginalized constituencies; guarding voting rights, voter registration and election integrity, including through the use of litigation; and protecting and improving Arizona’s ballot initiative processes.
Our organization is seeking a qualified intern with knowledge and interest in Marketing, Branding and Communictions. This intern position will enable the student to engage with our Board of Directors, by attending board meetings and potentially become a student board member. This person should be a passionate and creative out of the box critical thinker, who will assist in building partnership relationship with ASU. The position is non-paid appointment.
• Assist in increasing the effectiveness of website, use of social media, coordination of speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, branding, and other special events
• Advice on how to increase student participation, and be an advocate for the organization
• Assist with special projects
• Work in collaboration to create materials for public forums
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Additional responsibilities to be determined with the intern which will enhance their total experience with our organization
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Marketing. Applicants should also have strong writing skills and well organized and an understanding of social media. It is desired that interns should be proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.