10 Squared Summer 2015 Internship: Marketing Communications10 Squared PR
10 Squared Spring 2015 Internship: Marketing Communications10 Squared PR
10 Squared Fall 2014 Internship: Marketing Communications10 Squared PR
Marketing Intern - LifeSEEDInstitute of Caribbean Studies
Weekly Part/Time CASH Job, Start Today.www.jobvista.ga
Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
National Alliance on Mental Illness - NAMI Mississippi
DescriptionThe National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest grassroots organization focused on serious mental illnesses. NAMI Mississippi, an affiliate of NAMI National, is a local mental health support and advocacy organization. Since the organization’s inception in 1989, NAMI Mississippi has worked diligently to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by a mental illness. At the heart of NAMI's mission is the sharing of information with people living with mental illness, their families, friends, mental health professionals, and the general public. NAMI strives to offer hope, through support, education, advocacy and the promotion of research. Research is constantly providing us with new information about the brain and the nature of mental illnesses and, consequently, more effective treatments. Our organization plays a leading role in addressing life in recovery once a person has been diagnosed with a brain disorder. Utilizing research-based curricula and best practice strategies, we impact the change of environmental and community norms through policy advocacy, community education, consumer engagement, social change marketing, media advocacy and youth empowerment.
Overall Job Description: The social media intern at NAMI Mississippi, will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and increasing visibility for our programs and advocacy issues.
● This is an unpaid part-time internship, however a mileage stipend will be provided
● Estimated 5-8 hours per week, (schedule is flexible, but most days will require a minimum of 1⁄2 hour, to keep the communication constant)
● Minimum three month commitment with opportunity for additional months
● Intern will work remotely or in-house
● Opportunities for increased responsibility
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will include the following:
● Monitor and engage weekly the organization’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube messages
● Assist in preparing the NM quarterly newsletter in MailChimp
● Internet research to find existing mental health blogs to link to NM
● Occasional research for Webinar Listings and blog posts regarding Mental Health to share
● Prepare news releases and NM E-News Alerts
● Manage the organization’s website
● Generate awareness and marketing campaigns to promote NAMI educational programs and the NAMI Walk
RequirementsJob Knowledge/ Experience
● Enrolled in a program with a focus on mental health, public administration, psychology, health, education, social work, business, marketing, communications or a related major.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Well organized
● Professional demeanor
● Familiar with Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, Instagram, etc.
● Passionate about Social Media, marketing and communications
● Friendly and conversational
● Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
● Must be comfortable with Microsoft programs