Marketing and Content GLOBE InternBookmark This
The Nature Conservancy
322 8th Avenue, 16th Floor
New York, NY
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 30 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Through the GLOBE (Growing Leaders on Behalf of the Environment) internship program, The Nature Conservancy hires students and recent college graduates to fill paid internship positions during a 10-week summer internship. This is a unique opportunity for students and recent graduates to bridge the gap between what is learned in the classroom and on-the-ground work in the world of conservation. Additionally, the GLOBE program provides interns with the chance to directly work toward a sustainable future for our planet on the side of the Conservancy, the worlds largest environmental organization.
The Nature Conservancy offers GLOBE internships in the following areas: Conservation/Environmental Studies, Science, Information Technology (Computer Science), Marketing/Business, Marketing (Photo editing/Production Assistant), Communications, MBA Finance, Policy, Government Relations, Audit, and Philanthropy.
The Marketing and Content GLOBE Intern will assist Marketing Specialist and Associate Director of Marketing with web writing/editing and production. He/She will assist the Community Engagement Specialist with outreach and engagement (social media, outreach events). The intern will research content ideas for nature.org/newyork, and in some cases create content from scratch. He/she will also help with the upkeep of New Yorks social media channels. In addition, the intern will work with other communications staff around the state to organize stories across digital and printed platforms and communicate our work to New York members. There may also be opportunities for the intern to assist with production of and provide staff support at events in New York City. The goal of the Marketing and Content GLOBE Intern is to help facilitate marketing projects throughout the summer and provide administrative support to the NYC marketing team.
- Some college
- Experience using Microsoft Office Word Excel
- Experience using iMovie Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Experience writing, editing, proofreading, and with oral communications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience or training related to traditional marketing techniques, social networking, digital media.
- Ability to act independently on assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to write, edit, proofread written materials.
- Ability to coordinate projects.
- Experience or training related to web production preferred.
- Experience or training related to photo and/or video production preferred.
- Personal passion for preserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancys global approach to conservation.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- This is a full-time, temporary internship position with a position term of June 1, 2014 - August 8, 2014.
BENEFITS-SHORT TERM POSITIONS
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
- $12.00/hour for undergraduate students; $14.00/hour for graduate students and above
- The Nature Conservancys GLOBE program candidate should demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Contribution to The Nature Conservancys diversity. Applicant has circumstances, experiences, skills or talents that would benefit others and would enhance the diversity of the organization.
- Commitment to diversity. Applicant has shown and can demonstrate a deep and active commitment to the issues of conservation and human diversity.
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant has exceptional academic aptitude and record;
- Applicant is able to demonstrate a commitment to conservation of the natural world;
- Applicant must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates applying for internship positions should be graduates of the past 2 years.
Intern Selection Process
- Applications will be screened for eligibility, qualifications, experience level related to the project
- Applicants will be notified of next steps in the process (within 4 weeks after posting date ends)
- 2-3 phone interviews will be conducted for applicants selected to interview
- Additional information may be required before making a final decision
- All applicants will be notified of final selection by mid-March.