Marketing and Media InternBookmark This
535 Madison Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY
DescriptionThe Digital Place-based Advertising Association (DPAA) is a not for profit trade organization that exists to drive consistent growth for the industry through collaboration among advertisers, agencies, place-based digital and video advertising networks and their suppliers.
The DPAA is the only trade organization dedicated to making it easier for marketers and agencies to plan, buy and evaluate the effectiveness of digital place-based advertising networks.
We are looking for a qualified intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape and a passion for marketing, advertising and digital media.
Internship Goals include:
• Gaining knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape including our member networks, advertisers and how the two interact and collaborate
• Understanding Marketing Plans, Strategy Documents, Media Plans (including buying and selling), Social Media and Search Engine Marketing
• Familiarity with digital place-based advertising, managing members, marketing an industry and learning skills and competencies that will assist in your career in media and/or the ad industry.
• Assist with building our social media networks on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
• Assist sales team with appointment setting, potential client research, presentations and managing various contact lists
• Write social media content, blog entries/content for E newsletter & assist with developing employee newsletter
• Assist with planning and execution of association events, trainings, trade shows and conferences
• Assist in the distribution and/or delivery of marketing materials
• Contribute to website redesign project and company rebranding strategy in various ways
• Review Google Analytics and reporting as necessary
• Attend sales meetings, conference calls and site visits with staff
• Assist with daily operations of association and other marketing, sales and administrative duties as assigned
• Be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Be a task oriented self-starter with a positive, outgoing, can-do attitude
• Be organized and detail oriented
• Possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment while demonstrating a high level of efficiency
• Have a strong interest, knowledge and understanding of social media (including etiquette and best practices)
• Be a team player with ability to play various roles on teams from leading project to executing analysis or research and reporting out to the team.
• Possess excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
• Be able to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
• Have good communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
Interns must be able to work at least 2 days per week from 9am to 5pm for a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 5 months.
Internships are unpaid. Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college or university and be able to show proof of enrollment..
To apply, please send resumes with cover letters to Lauren Webb at Lauren.Webb@dp-aa.org