Marketing and Media for NYC Street Wear BrandBookmark This
NY STATE OF MIND
11 Midwood St.
Posted: 674 days ago
DescriptionNY STATE OF MIND is an independent street wear brand representing NYC street culture. Designed and produced with pride in Brooklyn, NY USA since 2008. Started on a folding table in the streets of downtown NYC/Brooklyn, NYSM has had great success positioning the brand as an authentic and contributing member of the NYC hip hop community. NYSM is proud to be worn by our favorite NY rappers: Prodigy and Havoc of Mobb Deep, MOP, Raekwon and other members of Wu Tang Clan, Wyclef, French Montana, etc.
As the brand grows, help is needed with various tasks including guerilla marketing, social media marketing, office work, delivering merchandise, etc. If you like night life/going out/partying, there is the opportunity to be a brand ambassador at all the exclusive VIP parties and events NYSM is invited to. This internship is be an opportunity to learn about the inner working of a growing clothing line and be a part the NYC Hip Hop/street wear/street art community. Despite how "cool" this internship sounds, it will be a lot of work!
Responsibilities- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Office work
- Guerilla marketing: putting up stickers, wheatpasting posters, etc.
- Delivering merchandise to photo/video shoots
- Running errands: picking up supplies, shipping packages at the Post Office
- Possibly graphic design for future collections
- Assisting at trade shows
Requirements- Respect for of Hip Hop/street culture
- Knowledge and passion for social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pintrest, etc.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Serious intentions of pursuing a career in fashion, business, marketing, etc.
- Knowledge of Word, Microsoft Excel (Photoshop/Illustrator is a plus)