Merchandise InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Marketing InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Customer Service Specialist - WILL TRAIN - HELP SUPPORT A GREAT CAUSE!Fortune Concepts, Inc.
Entry Level Marketing / Advertising / Public Relations - Will TrainFortune Concepts, Inc.
Assistant Manager Needed - Entry LevelFortune Concepts, Inc.
Marketing and EventsBookmark This
The National Foundation for Women Legislators
1727 King Street, Suite 300
DescriptionAbout the Organization
The National Foundation for Women Legislators is a non-partisan 501(c)3. Its membership consists of members of all current and former women elected officials. NFWL is a non-partisan organization.
The mission of the NFWL is to encourage greater participation of women in establishing public policy and to encourage the election and/or appointment of women in public office. This mission is carried out by:
• Providing opportunities for women to prepare for running and winning elections to state legislatures;
• Equipping women for leadership by providing timely and extensive legislative information, which enables them to make informed decisions;
• Providing opportunities to network with women legislators nationwide;
• Helping prepare women legislators to move up the political ladder; and
• Fostering relationships with congressional members as well as women leaders in other areas.
NFWL provides programs and support to women legislators in several ways, which includes:
• Leadership Training and Development
• National Policy Committees
• Annual Conference
• College Scholarships for young women interested in public service
• Campaign Colleges for incumbent women legislators
ResponsibilitiesAbout the Internship
The NFWL is looking for an intern to work on communications (social media, website, newsletter, etc.) and the Annual Conference (database management, contact with legislators, registration management, speaker contact for bios and pictures, etc.)
The internship is unpaid, however, a travel stipend is provided for Metro or parking. We are located across the street from the King Street Metro.
• Be current college students or recent graduates
• Have an interest in politics and non-profits
• Be technically proficient across multiple software platforms
• Possess above average communication skills and a willingness to work as a team