Event Marketing Assistant - Entry LevelBear Claw Events
Social Media SamuraiThe Dreamathon
Interior Design Showroom Marketing Intern CoordinatorBrendan Bass Showroom
INTERNSHIPS & COLLEGE GRADUATES - Entry Level MarketingAce Promotions, Inc.
Internships and Full Time MarketingAce Promotions, Inc.
Marketing and Policy InternsBookmark This
The National Foundation for Women Legislators
1050 17th St. NW, Suite 800
DescriptionAbout the Organization
The National Foundation for Women Legislators is a non-partisan 501(c)3. Its membership consists of members of the National Order of Women Legislators (all current and former women elected officials), corporate leadership, and association members. The National Order of Women Legislators was founded in 1938 and is a non-partisan organization whose membership is made up of women serving as current and former state legislators. Today, there are over 1,600 women state legislators nationwide.
The mission of the Order is to encourage greater participation of women in establishing public policy and to encourage the election and/or appointment of women in public office. This mission is carried out by:
• Providing opportunities for women to prepare for running and winning elections to state legislatures;
• Equipping women for leadership by providing timely and extensive legislative information, which enables them to make informed decisions;
• Providing opportunities to network with women legislators nationwide;
• Helping prepare women legislators to move up the political ladder; and
• Fostering relationships with congressional members as well as women leaders in other areas.
NFWL provides programs and support to women legislators in several ways, which includes:
• Leadership Training and Development
• National Policy Committees
• Annual Conference
• College Scholarships for young women interested in public service
• Campaign Colleges for incumbent women legislators
ResponsibilitiesAbout the Internships
The NFWL is looking for two interns to work on separate but complimentary projects. All internships are unpaid.
The NFWL’s Marketing Intern will play a key role in the development of our marketing and outreach strategy. Responsibilities include:
• Maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date databases of women legislators and women’s organizations
• Aid in the creation and disbursement of marketing materials
• Support the CEO and Board of Directors in the implementation of marketing and outreach strategies
The NFWL’s Policy and Conference Intern will aid in policy research for the organization and planning for the Annual Conference. Responsibilities include:
• Researching policy initiatives for the organization
• Aiding the Annual Conference planning team
• Research and outreach to potential sponsors
• Be current college students or recent graduates
• Have an interest in politics and non-profits
• Be technically proficient across multiple software platforms
• Possess above average communication skills and a willingness to work as a team