Weekend Part/Time CASH Jobs, Well Pay.www.jobvista.ga
Fun/Creative Interns Needed for Social Media Marketing projectsDino Enterprise
Computer Hardware and Software Sales Intern-EcommerceBluesky Capital Parnters, Inc.
Social Marketing InternSquarebar
Marketing Spring 2015 InternshipCoburn Communication
Marketing/Community Relations InternshipBookmark This
The Salvation Army Foster Care & Adoption Services
424 Allentown Drive
DescriptionThe Salvation Army Foster Care & Adoption Program provides for the temporary protection, support and nurturing of children placed in Salvation Army’s approved and highly qualified foster and adoptive families. Services are provided in a holistic manner; promoting the safety and well-being of children while responding to the diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds of the children and families we serve.
This internship will focus on providing community relations and marketing support for the programs, fundraising and friend-raising efforts of The Salvation Army Foster Care & Adoption Program of the Lehigh Valley. This is a volunteer position which will provide real-world experience in marketing and public relations in a non-profit setting. The intern can utilize their creative talents and excellent communication skills to create a unique marketing campaign that will help raise awareness and provide a positive impact on the lives of foster and adoptive children in our community.
Responsibilities• Work with media outlets on the placement of human interest stories, announcements and ads for special awareness events that highlight National Foster Care Month and National Adoption Month
• Develop press releases, media pitches and media alerts for events
• Write copy related to events for the website and newsletter publications
• Photograph programs and events for use in publications
• Interview several clients, volunteers, and/or donors and gather testimonials
• Write human interest stories for use in newsletters, media releases and the web
• Assist with planning events for cultivation of donors and event supporters
• Interface with social work staff and advisory board members