Marketing/Design InternBookmark This
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas
1400 Tillery Street
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas provided more than 80,000 hours of one-to-one mentoring to 1,394 children in Central Texas throughout 2013. For more than 40 years, we have matched children, ages 6-16, with supportive adult mentors who build friendships and offer encouragement and support to each child.
BBBS is seeking one intern for the Summer 2014 semester who can work a minimum of 12 hours per week. Students will gain first-hand experience with print marketing, event design and much more. The position is unpaid, but may be available for course credit.
1. Ice Ball 2014: Create graphics as needed for Ice Ball 2014 (www.AustinIceBall.org), including a online advertising, social media graphics, event signage production, sponsorship materials, program production and more.
2. Print Advertising: Based upon experience, the ideal candidate may also create graphics for print advertising campaigns for volunteer recruitment.
3. Event Collateral: Assist the entire BBBS team by creating uniform, consistent designs as needed, in support of events, marketing, donor and volunteer relations.
The ideal candidate can produce print-ready designs in a fast-paced environment. Applicant must be a recent graduate or student working toward a degree in Design, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is required
• Working knowledge of print process highly preferred, but not required
• Available to work on a committed weekly schedule with a minimum of 12 hours a week for at least one semester during 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. office hours. Available for minimal evening/weekend work as well.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to Veronica Fox at VFox@bigmentoring.org by (Subject line should read “Marketing/Design Internship”). Please, no phone calls.