Promotions Internship- Spring semesterBookmark This
1505 E. Colonial Dr
DescriptionStudents will gain knowledge and experience in a variety of marketing & promotion functions. Included are market research, promotional campaigns, online contesting, social media, public relations and sales.
The primary job of the promotions intern is to coordinate and execute all Orlando Weekly's promotional operations, learn how the paper is generated, produced and distributed, and gain knowledge of working with different promotion clientele base
• Manage promotions on-site and online.
• Take inventory of prizes and supplies when needed.
• Brand and market the newspaper.
• Help set-up and organize events..
• Handle contests, winners and prizes..
• Daily communication with promotions manager and entire promotions team.
• Interns are required to shadow office functions of the Business and Account manager functions for a minimum of 15 hours to learn the aspects of the paper as a whole.
• Interns will have to fill out idea and recap sheets based on every promotion.
• Interns will learn the aspects of team work and individual work as part of their promotional builds.
• Other learning aspects could include: Paper distribution, Sales, Marketing, and Social Media management.
Requirements• This is a non-paid internship program. Students must be from an accredited college and be able to receive credit towards their degree for participation.
• Flexible schedule to work nights and weekends – Approx. 15 hours per week.
• Must be 21 years old or older.
• Requires a valid Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
• Requires good verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Interview is required.