Marketing/Social Media InternBookmark This
Posted: 572 days ago
DescriptionWe are a D.C. metro area Personal Brand and Image Management small business seeking creative talent to fill marketing/social media internship positions. Candidates should have good writing and speaking skills, be detailed-oriented and possess the technical skills and creative flare for marketing and web-based/social media communications. A strong interest in fashion, style, image management, and personal branding is desired. Must be a go-getter and able to work independently.
ResponsibilitiesThe individual will be responsible for supporting the company President in developing and executing marketing and social media strategies to include:
• Optimizing the utilization of various social media platforms such as Face Book, Twitter, Blog, YouTube videos, etc.
• Updating the company website and developing and supporting website SEO strategies
• Helping design and develop new product offerings
• Providing support and assistance for client presentations and events
• Strategic planning, marketing research, and business development activities
• Assisting with quarterly newsletters, articles for magazines, webinars and other marketing activities
• Administrative duties as required
This position will require a minimum of 20-25 hours per week and is primarily performed virtually. Although the internship is virtual, the ideal candidate is based in the DC/MD/Northern Virginia area and available for occasional in-person meetings and events.
RequirementsThe #1 qualification is professionalism – this encompasses a variety of critical qualities, including reliability, honesty, promptness, attention to detail, good written and oral communication skills, and integrity to do what you say you will do. In addition:
• Proficient using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
• Experience or strong interest in learning Social Media and Email Marketing
• Internet and database skills, strong organizational skills; ability to work independently; strong attention to details
• Experience or interest in fashion, style, image management, etiquette or personal branding is preferred but not required
• Knowledge in graphic design software programs is a plus