Media & Marketing InternshipsBookmark This
SCI Consulting Services, Inc.
7918 Jones Branch Dr. Ste. 600
West McLean, VA
DescriptionSCI Consulting Services, Inc. is a premier woman-owned Federal IT service provider primarily engaged in advanced information technology applications and management systems. SCI is also a leading provider of business and infrastructure management services for commercial enterprises and government agencies.
ResponsibilitiesSCI’s Marketing and Communications Department has two immediate openings for interns.
Interns will assist department managers on primary projects and work on behalf of the CEO in support of day-to-day operations. The scope of assignments will depend upon the intern’s experience and expertise.
Responsibilities will include:
• Writing, editing and proof-reading communications materials
• Supporting SCI social networking activities (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, blog outreach)
• Assisting in the graphic design of print or Web-based marketing materials
• Promoting organizational events
• Media outreach supporting CEO speaking engagements and off-site activities
• Assisting in Web site content development of several sites
• Additional administrative assistance as needed
Requirements• Must be a junior, senior or graduate of a full-time and accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or better
• Appropriate major in a related field
• Knowledge and experience working in marketing and/or communications preferred but not required
• Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred as you will be working for one of the most successful Latina entrepreneurs in America
• Works well in a team environment
• Commitment to a 16-20 hour work week, 40+ hours is possible
• Provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
• Computer literacy in MS Office programs, familiarity with Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms and an understanding of graphic design/web development processes
• Can furnish your own housing and transportation to and from the McLean, Va. office
• Outstanding interns will be considered for fulltime Marketing and Communications positions