Online Grants & Marketing InternBookmark This
Praetorian Group, Inc.
200 Green Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionThe Praetorian Group is the leading online media and technology company in the public safety market. Our online properties are visited by 3 million first responders and public safety professionals every month. Praetorian owns and operates www.PoliceOne.com, www.FireRescue1.com, www.EMS1.com and www.CorrectionsOne.com. We also provide a grant assistance service for first responders through our websites PoliceGrantsHelp, FireGrantsHelp and EMSGrantsHelp. Combined, these services empower public safety professionals with information and resources about the latest technologies, innovations and funding opportunities to serve their communities.
This unpaid internship is an ideal opportunity for someone who is still in college or just starting their career. You will get hands-on experience in online media, marketing and grants. You’ll also work with a great team at an exciting, fast-growing company that is redefining niche marketing and helping first responders acquire the resources to perform their job. Responsibilities include customer service, grants research and content development.
*This is an unpaid internship in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Responsibilities• Develop content for e-mail marketing campaigns
• Update postings to our online grant websites
• Maintain grant calendars; monitor websites for RFP announcements, deadlines and contact information
• Correspond with clients to assess program effectiveness and outcomes
• Other duties as needed
RequirementsKnowledge and Skills
• A focus towards a bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or related social science
• People-oriented with a strong, friendly phone presence; customer service experience preferred
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to learn quickly and multi-task
• Proficiency in performing web-based research and using databases
• HTML and Dreamweaver experience preferred
• Timeliness, attention to detail and accuracy are critical to this position
• Hard working; good communication skills and complete projects quickly
• Resourcefulness, patience and ability to clearly and simply express complex ideas
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• Minimum of 12 hours per week; mornings preferred