Online Marketing InternBookmark This
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas
1400 Tillery Street
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas provided more than 80,000 hours of one-to-one mentoring to nearly 1,400 children in Central Texas throughout 2013. For more than 40 years, we have matched children, ages 6-16, with supportive adult mentors who build friendships and offer encouragement and support to each child.
BBBS is seeking one intern for the Summer 2014 semester who can work a minimum of 12 hours per week. The position is unpaid, but may be available for course credit.
1. Online Marketing: Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications with event-related marketing, fundraising appeals, search engine marketing, web site updates and social media.
2. Ice Ball 2014: Update and maintain a newly-built WordPress web site to mark the 10th anniversary of BBBS’ gala, the Ice Ball. (AustinIceBall.org)
3. Multimedia: Assist with photography, video and other multimedia tasks.
4. General Assistance: Assist the entire BBBS team with as-needed tasks, including but not limited to: photo research, data management, online donor relations and phone calls.
Applicant must be a recent graduate or student working toward a degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field. The following qualifications are highly preferred, but not required:
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Previous online marketing experience in any capacity
• Available to work on a committed weekly schedule with a minimum of 12 hours a week for at least one semester during 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. office hours. Available for minimal evening/weekend work as well.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email cover letter and resume to Veronica Fox at VFox@bigmentoring.org. (Subject line should read “Online Marketing Internship”). Please, no phone calls.