PR & Events Marketing InternBookmark This
Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.
19019 Ventura Blvd.
The Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. (CARD) is among the world’s largest and most experienced organizations effectively treating children with autism and related disorders. With U.S. and International reach, CARD touches the lives of hundreds of children and their families. Through a network of trained therapists, supervisors and researchers we develop and implement quality, comprehensive and personalized treatment programs which lead to success, and in many cases recovery. For more information please visit our website at www.centerforautism.com.
LOCATION: Tarzana, California, CARD Corporate Headquarters
We are seeking a dynamic and team-oriented individual with a strong interest in the Public Relations and Event Planning industry to join our PR and Events integrated marketing team. An ideal intern will be actively enrolled in a university; seeking a degree in communications, public relations, marketing or any other related program. Current students should have at least a junior standing. The candidate must be professional, timely, organized and a good team player. They must also be personable and able to adapt to a fast paced environment which feeds on positive results. This individual will support the Public Relations and Events team in meeting established goals, as well as providing tactical communications services for assigned tasks in support of team projects. The Prior relevant experience is preferred.
Length: 3 months (min.) Hours: 24-30/wk (more welcome) Pay: School credit only
We are looking for the intern to start ASAP
Responsibilities• Support public relations, events and strategic planning as needed
• Research, write and edit social media content
• Assist in developing PR campaigns and writing press releases
• Creating pitches, contacting media and creating media lists
• Research, obtain and coordinate media and event clips
• Assist in producing events from start to finish (conferences, fundraisers, webinars, etc.)
• Participate in meetings and provide recommendations on the best way to execute communications strategies
Requirements- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Ability multi-task, manage projects and work independently
- Excellent time management, research and analysis skills
- Strategic thinker with high attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to team processes to complete assigned tasks by agreed upon deadlines
- Works well with others; exchanging ideas and sharing responsibility
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs