PR, Marketing and Web Designer Interns (3 positions, recent grads welcome)Bookmark This
560 Mineral Spring Avenue
DescriptionHot, international online cosmetic retailer is hiring 3 interns focusing on PR, Marketing and site management to help reach its aggressive business goals. This team will help develop and implement site content, site traffic, build reputation, launch new products, SEO, SEM, Social Media and email marketing programs.
The right candidates need to demonstrate fundamental PR, business and marketing skills, a passion for marketing via the web, and a solid work ethic. This is your opportunity to join and learn from a small, but high caliber team. In this role, you’ll get as much responsibility as you can handle!
The interns will report to senior management and will help develop and execute branding, PR, demand generation and lead maturation programs via the Web.
As part of our metrics-driven team, you will become an integral part of our success.
The ideal candidates will have a mix of business and technical experience along with excellent problem solving skills and an innovative mindset.
You should be comfortable working on multiple assignments and enjoy taking ownership of programs to develop new ways to continually improve them. You should also thrive in a fast-paced environment that presents new opportunities to leverage every day.
Intern Program runs from September 2013 through January 30 2012. (About 10-15 hours per week)
The internship enables you to support a variety of public relations, marketing and digital media activities. Interviewing will start in late-July 2012 through the 1st week of August.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
Mentorship. We'll include you in appropriate team meetings; educate you on business processes and functions that will result in positive and rewarding experience developing real-world skills for your future career.
Work for your portfolio. You'll work on real impactful projects that will build your portfolio, hone your skills leverage and creativity and impact company ROI. This is an unpaid internship.
• Own site content tied to brand strategy and philanthropic issues
• Coordinate and lead programs with celebrities and other noteworthies
• Promote company, products and CEO in key media
• Building media lists and pitch plans
• Researching editorial opportunities
• Participating in office brainstorms and meetings
• Pitching to the media
• Work with NYC PR firm to coordinate company and national efforts
• Researching and compiling company coverage reports
• Perform social media monitoring, curate content, and assist in the development of social media programs (e.g., content development, coordination of blog posts, promotions, social engagement)
• The Marketing Intern will be an integral part of implementing the marketing plan and creating influential company messages
• He/she will run major promotions on YouTube, launch Pro-line products and maintain the consistency of our online presence
• Assist with planning and execution of Media and MarCom tactics for new product launches
• Maintain Digital Traffic Calendar
• Create online and email content and program execution
• Manage all social media channels (FB, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest)
• Coordinate our demo teams efforts from the home office
• Coordinate video productions
• Copy editing and proofreading online and other marketing collateral
• Participate in appropriate meetings with our celebrity make-up artist
• Help customer service with customer questions outside their comfort zone
• Conduct online research and analysis of competitors and key industry trends
• Analyzing online conversations and developing recommendations
• In accord with the web developer, planning and working with internal and external designers for Digital campaigns (Mobile, Social Media, Display, Paid Search, Affiliate Marketing Program, Landing Pages, Micro-Site Updates, etc.)
• Major responsibilities will include web design, site management, and analytic tracking
• Researching and exploring technologies that can be applied to advance company needs
• Assist in SEO programs such as link building, directory updates, keyword research, and optimization of on-page and print collateral
• Manage programs and deliverables from vendors (shopping cart, host provider, major development projects)
• Monitor and report organic search position of corporate web properties
• Assist in the creation and testing of landing pages
• Support operations of online marketing department
• In accord with the marketing intern, planning and working with internal and external designers for Digital campaigns (Mobile, Social Media, Display, Paid Search, Affiliate Marketing Program, Landing Pages, Micro-Site Updates, etc.)
All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
RequirementsRequired Qualifications & Experience:
• Be in college (or recent grad) majoring in design, PR, marketing, advertising or web development/management
• Have a portfolio or samples of work showcasing smart, strategic and creative thinking. This is more important than the college you come from
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superior attention to detail with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to be a quick learner in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently, but collaboratively with programs and product marketing teams
• Familiarity with the contemporary social media marketing strategies
• Familiarity with online marketing tools such as Google Adwords, Google Analytics, and marketing automation
• Strong research, analysis and critical thinking ability
• A real love for digital media — someone who lives the digital life
• Must have an interest in fashion, cutting edge trends or the health and beauty industry
• Local candidates only (Providence/Boston area)
Web designer must also have
• Deep knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, Java, shopping carts, ecommerce integration, etc.
• Understanding of Flash is a bonus as is Joomla
• Strong analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
• Passionate about the marketing via the Web
• Technical discipline with high GPA preferred
• Exceptional sense of design —and an understanding of the CSS and HTML that makes it happen
• Undergraduates at the junior level and above or graduate students in a related field