PR/Marketing InternBookmark This
Windows of Opportunity
9-04 127th street
College Point, NY
DescriptionWindows of Opportunity, Inc. is seeking for interns to help promote the youth empowerment and leadership programs of our organization; to the surrounding region while learning skills related to marketing, public relations, advertising, sales and promotion. The interns must enjoy working with public sector and they must be interested in making a difference for the greater community.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Help develop marketing plan for upcoming season
- Develop press releases
- Compile mailing list for a quarterly newsletter
- Design & complete quarterly newsletter
- Assist with development of social network sites and website maintenance
- Assist with shows in various capacities – backstage, volunteer, box office, etc.
- Assist with selling tickets and promoting high profile fundraising events.
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.