Marketing and PR Internship Opportunity with fast growing company in New YorkRestaurant Reason
Marketing & Brand AmbassadorMarketing Consulting Agency
YouTube Marketing Internteachmeyoutube.com
Marketing Intern for well known name in the Yoga and Wellness IndustryKaya
Public Relations and Marketing Intern (Unpaid internship)Bookmark This
University Settlement Society of New York
121 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
DescriptionSupervisor: Assistant Director of External Affairs and Donor Relations
Overview: University Settlement, serving over 25,000 low-income individuals and families each year with innovative programming, and its affiliate agency, The Door, New York City’s premier youth development agency, providing comprehensive services to 11,000 young people each year, seek a part-time Public Relations (PR) and Marketing Intern in the Development Department.
The PR and Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the Assistant Director of External Affairs and Donor Relations and the Communications Associate with a variety of tasks related to PR and marketing efforts for both University Settlement and The Door. This position will provide the intern with excellent experience working in the fundraising and communications department of two of New York City’s leading nonprofit organizations as we work on cutting-edge, online strategies for communications, donor relations, and event promotions.
• Participate in strategic planning and execution around various campaigns, including University Settlement’s Annual Fine Wine Dinner & Auction and our advocacy/outreach efforts.
• Assist with the creation of multiple streams of online communications including e-newsletters, e-appeals, and event invitations.
• Maintain an active online presence and help craft creative voices for both organizations on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more
• Assist with updates to organization websites
• Assist with development of printed collateral
• Update and maintain media lists
• Must be working towards, or have already obtained, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Excellent attention to detail, writing and time management skills
• A creative mindset and the ability to work independently, but as an effective member of a team
• Experience with various social media platforms
• Demonstrated interest in PR and/or Marketing fields
• Graphic design skills, including familiarity with Adobe Design Suite, a plus