Public Relations and Marketing Internship ProgramBookmark This
Gillis Educational Consulting, LLC
Gillis Educational Consulting, LLC is a boutique consulting firm that provides services to students, their families, and educational institutions. We are based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and are committed to revolutionizing the way students learn and the way they view their educational experience. We have recently expanded our services to other major cities across the U.S. including Baltimore, MD and Charlotte, NC.
Thank you for your interest in serving the community!
Let’s face it. In today’s world, simply having a pretty resume won’t get you too far. Nicely designed resumes are easy to come by, but invaluable employees are not. Many employers want their employees to have a myriad of personal and professional experiences that have ultimately made them well rounded and versatile. Our integrated internship program is the perfect way to get this hands-on experience. We currently offer 4-month internship programs in the following fields:
• Business Development
• Public Relations and Marketing
• Strategic Planning in Education and Educational Research
Because we are in the early stages of growing our business, our interns are as critical as our regular part-time and full-time staff members. We hand select the best and brightest interns around the nation to ensure that long-term value is being added to the company. Please refer to the requirements listed below before applying.
ResponsibilitiesPublic Relations and Marketing Internship Program
As a PR and Marketing intern, you will be exposed and oftentimes manage the following activities:
• Community outreach
• Market research
• Maintenance of social media sites
• Event planning for company
• Creation of flyers and other marketing tools
• Press releases
• Recruiting clients and tutors and developing ways to encourage client retention
• Building community relationships
• Proposing corporate partnerships/sponsorships
Requirements• Minimum GPA of a 2.85 (cumulative) at an accredited 2-year or 4-year institution
• Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
• Copy of official college transcript (mailed from institution)
• Required essay responses.