Renewable Energy Systems Design and Marketing Internship ProgramBookmark This
Sun Electronics International
4625 N 45th Avenue
* Unpaid position
* 2 month minimum
* 35h / week (although local Interns could also ask for
a part time)
* For credit validation or just professional experience welcome
* 15% rate of hiring from the program
* No stipend
* Accommodation tips (see our accommodation opportunities section), but no financial help for accommodation
# Free training in PV Design, Sizing and Sales
# Team of young engineers and sales engineers always ready to help you in your training
# Nice job environment (weekends organized by co-workers).
ResponsibilitiesInternship Program Content:
* How to design a PV System (Sizing and estimates for Residential and Commercial Customers). From Modules to Inverters and length of cables, combiner boxes and disconnect, you will need to integrate all your knowledge and the tools you will be given to solve our customer’s requests.
* How to use Computer drawings, applying AutoCad or other design software to Renewable Energy sector. This qualification is optional, but very useful when evaluating the mechanical and material aspect of the system. You will have to get familiar with the different mounting systems we are selling, from regular tilted rooftop to stand alone pole and tracking systems
* You will be in charge of managing specific project according to your area of interest under the supervision of one of our engineers. We may need to have you set up a small lab in our warehouse to test both panels and inverters on a regular basis, especially materials that have been returned to us. You will have to test these products and maintain a database that our team could use for further sales, rating by type and efficiency all solar modules currently being offered as well as inverters and batteries.
* Helping to educate the public on solar electric power by writing for our web site.
Weekly job: writing on blogs, promoting the company and the knowledge you acquired.
* Analyzing current solar systems on the market and doing efficiency comparisons and price / watt comparisons. In the solar industry, many prices are not standard, so you will have to go through the many competitors’ websites and understand their pricing policy and make sure the comparison are relevant and clear.
* Analyzing customer type, location, application, demand curves, energy conservation measures, all aspects of solar market demand. Solar energy doesn’t make any sense if not coupled with a serious energy audit of the residence or building. Energy audit will be one of the tasks you will have to deal with too.
If interested, please send your resume at email@example.com.
RequirementsIf you are willing to start or develop career in Renewable Energy Field, and if you are from any one of the following backgrounds, then you are the preferred candidate for this unpaid internship.
Electrical Engineering ( BS or MS)
Mechanical Engineering ( BS or MS)
Business and Marketing (BS or MS)