Rush Rookies: MarketingBookmark This
6990 Columbia Gateway Drive Suite 360
DescriptionRush into an exciting new industry! Obstacle races are the fastest growing segment of the outdoor event/fitness industry – join us for a great way to launch your career and have a blast doing it!
Hero Rush is a national firefighting-themed obstacle race and experience. Our interns – Rush Rookies – are creative, highly organized and can’t wait to learn the business! Currently we are seeking Rush Rookies to work in the busy marketing department of our Columbia, Maryland office beginning in January 2013.
Interns work at least 30 hours/week within the hours of 9am to 6pm in our Columbia office (plus possible weekend travel to events as needed).
ResponsibilitiesRush Rookies will:
• Post social media updates and connect with social media fans
• Respond to email and phone inquiries
• Update website and online registration site
• Write copy to promote events across the country
• Assist with layout and design of event collateral
• Update and maintain database of potential marketing partners
• Make calls/conduct outreach to marketing contacts
• Potentially travel to events to assist onsite
• Spearhead and/or monitor grassroots marketing efforts in select Hero Rush markets
RequirementsKey skills include writing/editing, graphic design, social media, online research, and great customer service.
To be considered, please answer each of the following in 100 words or less:
• Check out our web site – why do you want to work for us?
• Check out our Facebook page – what do you think our fans want in an obstacle race?
• Check out a couple of our competitors’ websites – what sets us apart from the crowd?
• Check out your own resume – why should we pick you? (Please highlight your organizational/event experience here.)
• What’s not on your resume that you want to tell us?
Please submit your answers along with your resume. No phone calls, please.