MARKETING / BOOKING INTERNBookmark This
LULA WASHINGTON DANCE THEATRE
DescriptionAssist in booking statewide, national and international tours and concerts for the Lula Washington Dance Theatre - a contemporary African-American modern dance company based in South Los Angeles. Will report to the Executive Director and the Marketing/Booking Manager to assist in securing performance engagements for the dance company. Will handle local as well as national/international engagements.The job involves sales, advertising, promotion, and marketing. We are interested in a person who might want a career as an agent in the arts and entertainment industry.
Responsibilities- Helping Booking Manager to secure performance engagements
- Making cold calls to arts presenters
- Sending marketing materials to presenters
- Will work with photos, videos, music, and graphic design of marketing materials
- Doing marketing and sales via cold calls, booking conferences,social media, email, and direct mail
- Handling promotion for engagements
- Will work as the personal assistant to the Booking Manager for this arena
- Will book hotels, airplane flights, and coordinate travel for tours
- Will write and manage performance contracts and itineraries
- Will maintain the booking database
RequirementsMust have strong marketing and sales background
Excellent written skills
Experience in graphic design, Photoshop, video editing, and preparing electronic newsletters would be a major plus.
Must be experienced in cold-calling and interacting over the telephone
Previous experience in entertainment is a major plus, must have a passion for the arts and/or working with non-profits.
Must be outgoing, friendly person.
Must be able to work independently in a sales environment.
Persons with experience in booking performing arts tours will get highest priority.