Digital Marketing InternDigital Marketing Consulting
Social Media, Public Relations and Marketing Internships For 75 Year Old CompanyGarment Machinery Company, Inc.
Social Media, Public Relations and Marketing Internships For Dotcom CompanyGarment Machinery Company, Inc.
Social Media InternXoomIM Internet Marketing Agency
Sales and Marketing InternBookmark This
A Claim to Frame
A Claim To Frame sells custom-made and ready-made frames, typically using barnwood or reclaimed wood frames to create a rustic or vintage look. It began as a personal DIY project by me - the sole owner and designer - when I used my finance and entrepreneurial background to monetize on my creativity. I launched a shop on Etsy, and to my surprise, received five orders over the course of a weekend, scaling tremendously since then. I have since created my own e-commerce site in addition to running the Etsy shop. Additionally, I have begun advertising through social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram), SEM using Google AdWords, and of course, word-of-mouth.
While I have been successful on my own, I lack the time to take full advantage of the growth opportunities I know exist. I need assistance from you!
Since this is currently a one-man shop, and since I have a full-time job in corporate finance, I need some assistance in further selling and marketing my products. This is a great opportunity for someone to learn what it takes to grow and manage a small business. Over the course of the internship, you will:
- Focus on creating and implementing various marketing strategies and sales tactics to expand business
- Assist in the development of strategic partnerships within the community
- Gain sales experience
- Pitch new product ideas
- if you're crafty, actually make the new products and even existing ones
- HAVE FUN!
- Commission-based, part-time internship (20-30 hours per week)
- Must be flexible
- Must be willing to work some nights and 1 or 2 days of the weekend to meet with me (since I have a full-time day job, I can only meet after traditional business hours)
- Will be able to go sell and market the products during business hours and possibly some weekends
- Can work remotely, but lives in or is willing to commute to Manhattan
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create, pitch and implement new marketing strategies that you believe will be successful
- Develop marketing materials to be used
- Identify competitors and potential partnerships in the marketplace
- Reach out to identified partners, distributors and retailers... either via phone, email, in person or a combination of these
- SELL, SELL, SELL
- Sometimes assist in order fulfillment by packaging and/or taking shipments across the street to the post office
In general, you will spend about 1/3 of your time working with me to strategize as well have progress updates (which will require time in Manhattan - specifically in the West Village), 1/3 of your time selling and the other 1/3 of your time developing partnerships and finding retail outlets.
- Creative, artistic and/or inspired by DIY projects
- Someone who strives to do what they love and make money doing it
- Professional, outgoing and a "go-getter"
- Active user of and influencer on social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- A great multi-tasker and skilled in time management
- Ability to think outside the box
- Loves the idea of A Claim To Frame and is passionate about its future and success
- Wants to have fun, get unique experience and make some money while doing it!
- Majoring in either Business, Interior Design or some other related major. If not attending college, has prior marketing experience
- Has either informal or formal sales experience
- Knowledgeable about independent retailer outlets - both online and locally (e.g., Etsy, local pop-up shops, etc.)
- Proficient with Photoshop, Microsoft Office and/or similar software used for developing marketing materials
DESIRED, BUT NOT NECESSARY:
- Knowledgeable about SEM, Google AdWords, etc.
- Has or have had your own business
- Have sold your own creations online or at a local retailer or pop-up shop
- Have connections in the home decor industry and/or with independent retailers