Sales and Marketing InternBookmark This
A Claim to Frame
A Claim To Frame sells custom-made and ready-made frames, typically using barnwood or reclaimed wood frames to create a rustic or vintage look. It began as a personal DIY project by me - the sole owner and designer - when I used my finance and entrepreneurial background to monetize on my creativity. I launched a shop on Etsy, and to my surprise, received five orders over the course of a weekend, scaling tremendously since then. I have since created my own e-commerce site in addition to running the Etsy shop. Additionally, I have begun advertising through social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram), SEM using Google AdWords, and of course, word-of-mouth.
While I have been successful on my own, I lack the time to take full advantage of the growth opportunities I know exist. I need assistance from you!
Since this is currently a one-man shop, and since I have a full-time job in corporate finance, I need some assistance in further selling and marketing my products. This is a great opportunity for someone to learn what it takes to grow and manage a small business. Over the course of the internship, you will:
- Focus on creating and implementing various marketing strategies and sales tactics to expand business
- Assist in the development of strategic partnerships within the community
- Gain sales experience
- Pitch new product ideas
- if you're crafty, actually make the new products and even existing ones
- HAVE FUN!
- Commission-based, part-time internship (20-30 hours per week)
- Must be flexible
- Must be willing to work some nights and 1 or 2 days of the weekend to meet with me (since I have a full-time day job, I can only meet after traditional business hours)
- Will be able to go sell and market the products during business hours and possibly some weekends
- Can work remotely, but lives in or is willing to commute to Manhattan
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create, pitch and implement new marketing strategies that you believe will be successful
- Develop marketing materials to be used
- Identify competitors and potential partnerships in the marketplace
- Reach out to identified partners, distributors and retailers... either via phone, email, in person or a combination of these
- SELL, SELL, SELL
- Sometimes assist in order fulfillment by packaging and/or taking shipments across the street to the post office
In general, you will spend about 1/3 of your time working with me to strategize as well have progress updates (which will require time in Manhattan - specifically in the West Village), 1/3 of your time selling and the other 1/3 of your time developing partnerships and finding retail outlets.
- Creative, artistic and/or inspired by DIY projects
- Someone who strives to do what they love and make money doing it
- Professional, outgoing and a "go-getter"
- Active user of and influencer on social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- A great multi-tasker and skilled in time management
- Ability to think outside the box
- Loves the idea of A Claim To Frame and is passionate about its future and success
- Wants to have fun, get unique experience and make some money while doing it!
- Majoring in either Business, Interior Design or some other related major. If not attending college, has prior marketing experience
- Has either informal or formal sales experience
- Knowledgeable about independent retailer outlets - both online and locally (e.g., Etsy, local pop-up shops, etc.)
- Proficient with Photoshop, Microsoft Office and/or similar software used for developing marketing materials
DESIRED, BUT NOT NECESSARY:
- Knowledgeable about SEM, Google AdWords, etc.
- Has or have had your own business
- Have sold your own creations online or at a local retailer or pop-up shop
- Have connections in the home decor industry and/or with independent retailers