San Jose Jazz Marketing Internship - Fall 2013–Winter 2014Bookmark This
San Jose Jazz
145 West San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA
DescriptionAbout San Jose Jazz
Known as the producer of its annual San Jose Jazz Summer Fest, San Jose Jazz enriches the community through education and performance. The organization's purpose is to enhance the recognized value of arts to the individual and society, to use music and events to bring people together, and to help build a stronger, more vibrant community. San Jose Jazz is a dynamic, region-wide organization that presents five high-caliber youth education programs and over 120 live music events a year.
ResponsibilitiesThe San Jose Jazz Marketing Intern will assist in website updates, social media, email marketing, and new program initiatives.
• Perform design and content updates to the organization’s two websites
• Research music communities for upcoming marketing campaigns
• Research online influencers in the music and events space
• Create and update event listings on external event sites
• Assist with the Jazz Messengers, our event information team; coordinating and staffing events
• Monitor and update San Jose Jazz’s Google Adwords campaigns
• Other duties as required
This is a fun, hands-on position in a collaborative environment. It is a great opportunity for an individual interested in gaining exposure to the non-profit arts sector while adding practical experience to their résumé. You’ll be a vital part of a leadership organization increasing the vibrancy of Silicon Valley through live music.
Duration of Internship
200+ hours with flexible schedule, Fall 2013–Winter 2014.
There is no monetary compensation at this time, but plenty of SWAG. To apply for this internship, contact Volunteer Coordinator Tracey Ferraro at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please supply a résumé of past experience and a short statement of interest in the position.
RequirementsSuggested Skills & Attributes
• Strong organizational skills
• Attentiveness to detail
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Experience using web-based content management interfaces such as Joomla and WordPress
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Outgoing and diplomatic personality with the ability to lead others
• Comfortable working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Availability during business hours; some evenings