Smithsonian E-Marketing Research InternBookmark This
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA)
1100 Jefferson Drive, SW - Suite 3077
The Smithsonian Associates (TSA) advances the Smithsonian Institution’s mission “to increase and diffuse knowledge” through life-enriching educational and cultural experiences inspired by the Smithsonian’s research and collections for DC-region students, families, and adults, and for learning communities nationwide.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
• Market research, including online surveys and product development
• Data mining, customer segmentation, consumer behavior
• Direct marketing, email marketing, and online advertising
• Web & email analytics and online consumer behavior
32 hrs/wk; 1 full semester
Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 5 pm, schedule can be flexible
All TSA Internships are unpaid and housing is not provided. College credit may be granted, but must be coordinated in advance with the intern's university/college.
Complete the online application at http://intern.si.edu/. Click on the link for the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA). Questions can be directed to the Intern Coordinator at TSAInternships@si.edu or 202.633.8641.
Intern positions at The Smithsonian Associates are available year-round. For more information go to http://smithsonianassociates.org/ticketing/internships/start.aspx
Spring (January - May)
Summer (June - August)
Fall (September - December)
To be considered in the first round of applications, please submit your materials by the following dates:
Spring - October 1
Summer - February 1
Fall - July 1
Applications received after these dates will still be considered on an as-needed basis.
Prospective interns are required to submit the following:
1. Application for Smithsonian Institute Internships
2. Two letters of recommendation (usually from professors)
3. Recent writing sample (usually a paper written for school and at least two pages)
4. Most recent transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
Interns at the Smithsonian are required to undergo a security background investigation and fingerprinting through the Office of Protection Services before they are accepted into an internship.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT
Ms. Meg Smolinski
PO Box 23293
Washington DC 20026-3293
For more information about internships with The Smithsonian Associates go to:
Support eMarketing to manage online questionnaires and conduct market research
• Pull customer segments from in-house database, send Zoomerang questionnaires, enter responses into Tessitura—TSA’s customer relationship mgt. system
• Create and update questionnaires to encourage email opt-ins, identify customer
• Generate reports on questionnaire data and eMarketing campaigns
• Help conduct research on competitors, new online advertising opportunities, and on speakers and performers, who make presentations at the Smithsonian
• Education/background in marketing, business, or related field
• Excellent computer skills with experience or an interest in customer database mgt.
• Experienced with Microsoft Office, esp. Excel and creating basic formulas
• Interest in market research, customer surveys, & basic statistics
The following student majors are desired for this intern position, but other areas of study will be considered: