Social Media & Marketing Intern Positions work from homeBookmark This
DescriptionSocial Media & Marketing Intern Positions work from home
Join a fast-paced, growing small business, www.gaytravel.com is committed to creating the #1 resource to connect Travel organizations and companies with the LGBT community. We are seeking several creative, enthusiastic people to help us grow and serve our audience
1. Leadership Development
o Reflect on and discuss individual role and responsibilities with supervisor
o Provide critical analysis of events/projects and team effectiveness
2. Communication & Collaboration
o Correspond professionally through verbal and non-verbal communication in a variety of environments and to a variety of clientele
o Effectively coordinate with other team members to organize logistics related to specific programs
3. Social Media & Content Marketing Strategy
o Identify the unique considerations involved in the planning and evaluation of traffic and database building marketing programs
o Maintain accurate records of project performance through clear documentation
o Develop audience cultivation techniques and improve engagement
o Identify online conversations surrounding LGBT travel and enhance our company presence in these discussions
o Develop and learn our company's voice on social media
4. Personal Development & Evaluation
o Reflect on and discuss personal skills, strengths, and weaknesses with supervisor
o Reflect on and assess time management skills; identify any improvements
o Reflect on and provide analysis of personal development and learning
Internship Assignments include:
• Assist with creation and implementation of comprehensive social media marketing strategy for company.
• Increase traffic to our website through SEO, online campaigns and contests
• Increase traffic and engagement on our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other outlets.
• Monitor relevant social media conversations
There are no required skills to obtain a gaytravel.com Collaborative internship. Applicants with the most success in this position historically include those with experience or background in any of the following: ad and marketing campaigns including online and guerrilla marketing campaigns; social media tools and techniques; SEO techniques; online branding; communication skills (including proofreading); blogging and creative writing skills
• An interest in developing skills integral to on-line marketing, content strategy and social media.
• Ability to work independently as part of the team.
• Strong work ethic, reliable, with top-notch customer services skills.
• Proven leadership qualities, proactive, resourceful, creative, and detail-orientated.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse clientele via phone, email and online
• Innovation and creativity is highly regarded.
• A passion to make a difference and a posi