Social Media Marketing for Natural Wellness Magazine - VirtualBookmark This
DescriptionNatural Awakenings is a print magazine about natural health, wellness, green living and personal growth.
We are looking for a marketing intern to implement the 2013 Reader's Choice Awards (Natties), which will provide the intern with an opportunity to:
- see an important project through from start to finish
- learn about online lead generation and follow up in the context of a print publication
- implement social media marketing for business
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. We will work with you to meet requirements for college credit.
Location: Virtual. All of your work can be done at home and on your own time. Regular meetings and communications will be conducted through phone, Skype and email.
Hours: Work hours are flexible, but we expect at least 10 hours of work per week,
Duration: A minimum of 14 weeks to see this project through to completion.
This position is for the North Central NJ Edition, which reaches 40,000 readers in Morris, Essex, Sussex, and Union counties, NJ. We are part of the larger Natural Awakenings family of franchisees, publishing 89 local editions nationwide and reaching over 3 million readers every month.
Implement our "2013 Reader's Choice Awards" campaign from start to finish by promoting the contest online and in print, managing submissions, following up with nominees, designing awards, and writing a profile of the winner for publication in our January 2014 issue.
Contribute to online newsletter, email campaigns, and postings to social media. Update Wordpress website. Keep our CRM system and e-mailing list up to date and accurate. Contribute to blog, especially as it relates to Awards.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree, or recently graduated, preferably with a related major, such as marketing or business administration.
- Experience with spreadsheets, online research, and social media for business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, flexible, and able to work independently.
- Intern should possess a computer, reliable internet connection, and be available for weekly phone and/or Skype meetings.