Entry Level ManagementIgnite Events, Inc.
10 Squared Summer 2015 Internship: Marketing Communications10 Squared PR
10 Squared Spring 2015 Internship: Marketing Communications10 Squared PR
10 Squared Fall 2014 Internship: Marketing Communications10 Squared PR
Marketing Intern - LifeSEEDInstitute of Caribbean Studies
Social Media / PR AssistantBookmark This
DescriptionLover of music, entertainment & A-list affairs? As an intern, you will learn what it's like to work within the fast-paced, high energy and often-glamorous Entertainment industry shadowing a music artist.
The ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people, isn’t shy but not too assertive and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and organic when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
You will be responsible for the social growth of Artist's existing network, so must be familiar & savvy with most social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, & more.
Intern may attend events where artist performs (locally) with other on-premise social media duties to be fulfilled.
ResponsibilitiesWhat You Will Learn:
• How to create a long-term social media plan and event calendar.
• How to track social media analytics using HootSuite, Bit.ly, and other software, and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
• How to create compelling content and get it shared by influencers.
• Updating website & promotional collateral (graphic design skills are a huge plus!)
• You will train with our Director of Digital Marketing until you feel confident to run with it on your own.
Other Duties Include:
• Researching new events and industry trends
• Drafting up press releases & collecting press clips from digital & print media
• Assist with design & copy of monthly newsletter
• Deliver content via Linked In & Email
RequirementsWhat We Require:
• Background in Marketing, Communication, or other related discipline.
• Highly organized, with an ability to complete tasks without being micro-managed.
• Love for using social networking sites, EDM & Underground music!