Social Media internBookmark This
DescriptionNew Exciting retail start up looking for an intern.
We are seeking a Social Media intern. The job requires 7-10 hours weekly
We are looking for an intern to assist with our social media marketing efforts. You will assist in implementing our Social media marketing strategy to grow our community. This internship is an unpaid position.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans , and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
Interns will be performing the following tasks:
• Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
• Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
• Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
• Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
• Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
• Replying to comments, messages, etc.
• Report findings to the team
• Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
• Ability create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds, and minor video editing skills are a plus
RequirementsSkills and attributes interns are expected to have:
• Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
• Excellent customer service
• Be creative with an eye for design
• Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
• Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
• Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
• Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases, and Facebook posts daily
• Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
• Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
• Experience proofreading and editing
• Ability to contribute individually, and participate in cross-functional teams