Special Events Marketing and MediaBookmark This
City of Cape Coral - Special Events
PO BOX 150027
Cape Coral, FL
Our Goal for you is to have an educational and hands on experience in the world of Special Events here at the City of Cape Coral. You will learn the roles of an Event Coordinator and the staff behind the division, while receiving hands on training in need to know areas. These Internships were created to give students a better understanding of the field they are going into. Each intern will work a 500 Hour block, plus events and will be able to experience 15+ citywide events here at the City of Cape Coral. Start and end dates along with event hours and office hours are flexible depending upon the reasoning.
Start time and end time/ scheduled hours___________________________________________________________
- Fall : August- December (office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm M-F; events fall on days, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Spring : January- May (office hours are 8:30am-4:30pm M-F; events fall on days, nights, weekends and holidays)
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
City of Cape Coral – Special Events Division
ATTN: Internship Program
PO BOX 150027
Cape Coral, Florida 33915
OR Email to:
Ecroutha@capecoral.net with “Special Events Internship Program/ Your Name” in the subject line.
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for: (Some of the tasks you will be responsible for)______________________________________________________________
- Help design Tour all event T-shirts, stage scrims, beer tickets and giveaways
- Update and send out Constant Contact
- Update and monitor City Website, Bike Night, Coconut Festival, Cape Concerts and other websites with Special Events info
- Creation and distribution of all materials provided to our county schools
- Handle all marketing distribution for all citywide events
- Create a marketing campaign for citywide events to entice kids and families to attend event
- Update and edit all registration forms for events and vendors
- Keep a photo album for each event attended.
- AND MORE !
- Computer or Digital, Event Management, Business, Sports Resort & Hospitality or Event/ Business/ Digital Related Majors
- College Student or Graduate (Non- college students or graduates may apply but must submit a letter with application/ resume explain how this internship will better your education and job experience)
- Experience in Microsoft word, excel, publisher and outlook.
- Experience in Adobe and photo editing software
- Available to work scheduled office hours along with event times. (Each Intern will have (1) week of vacation time)
- Available to work in the United States.
- Strong organization and communication skills (both written and oral)