Startup seeking creative MARKETING INTERNBookmark This
Unity is a startup furniture company based in Kenya. We design beautiful contemporary furniture, manufacture it in Kenya, and sell both locally and internationally at affordable prices. We are currently in the early development stage of the business, and we need talented and inspired people to help us succeed.
We are experts in design, not marketing, so we need someone who is. The marketing intern will assist in both defining and executing our marketing strategy. This will include developing our market positioning, brand image, core messaging, etc. We strongly believe in inbound marketing, and therefore this will be a key element of the role, including social media, blogging, etc.
While the company is based in Kenya, it is American-run and so we are seeking an international or American level of marketing expertise. The internship will be remote, offering a great deal of flexibility to the candidate. We believe in offering the intern as much opportunity as possible to learn, develop, and realize their own potential. Ideas are welcome here.
This internship is not for everyone. Are you the right fit?
- If you want to work at a big office for big clients, this is clearly not for you.
- If you are self-motivated and value flexibility in your work-life balance, this is for you.
- If you are ambitious and passionate about your work, this is for you.
- If you are obsessed with social media, this is for you.
- If your writing is captivating, cogent, and clever, this is for you.
- If people often comment on your creativity, this is for you.
- If you know how to research a market, this if for you.
- If you want to learn about emerging markets and global business, this is for you.
- If you care about design, that would be a big plus.
- If you have strong computer and graphic skills, that would also be a plus.