Team In Training InternBookmark This
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
9 Erie Drive
DescriptionTeam In Training (TNT) is the world's largest endurance training program for runners, walkers, cyclists and triathletes. TNT provides certified coaches and mentors to the participants that assist them in their fitness and personal goals for marathons, century rides and triathlons, in return participants raise funds to help find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), Massachusetts Chapter is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide marketing and communications support, as well as increase awareness for LLS and all of our fundraising campaigns. This is a great opportunity to experience working in a non-profit environment while enhancing marketing skills. This will be accomplished by advertising through web sites, media, business partnerships, and promotional materials.
- Develops and maintains ongoing communication with campaign prospects, participants and alumni
- Assists in generating and executing grassroots marketing initiatives
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining chapter Web sites for consistency, accuracy and overall effectiveness
- Assists in the creation and distribution of press lists, media advisories, calendar listings, pitch letters and press releases
- Assists in the collection of media clips and the creation of a media binder to archive clips
- Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Willingness to learn and work independently
- Prefer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as familiarity with "new media" Web sites
Interns must be able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week. Students looking to work more hours in order to fill school requirements should note the specifics in their cover letter. Work hours are flexible in order to work around class schedules. This internship is unpaid - potential for class credit is available pending school approval. The length of the internship can be determined by the candidate. Please note potential starting and ending dates in the cover letter.