Unpaid Summer Marketing Internship at Commercial Picture ArchiveBookmark This
The Granger Collection
381 Park Avenue South
New York, NY
DescriptionThe Granger Collection is a picture archive specializing in the history of the world from before the Stone Age to the dawn of the Space Age. Its online collection services media professionals worldwide.
Based in New York City, The Granger Collection is currently looking for a highly motivated intern who is eager to work on a variety of marketing assignments. Opportunity to put your academic knowledge to practical use and to test your skills in a deadline-oriented, creative environment.
The intern will report directly to the company’s Managing Director, who will assign various projects that include photo editing, writing, and market research for the purposes of promoting company’s services to picture professionals everywhere. Training will be provided.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include (but are not limited to):
• Write and oversee distribution of press releases
• Write short copy for e-newsletter, manage its production and coordinate the campaign, record statistics, strategize
• Create, monitor, and budget Google AdWords campaigns, strategize
• Daily updates to different Facebook pages and other social media (Twitter, Tumblr, etc.)
• Review and analyze traffic from different sources on Google Analytics
• Maintain spreadsheets, charts, and graphs for sales incorporating Google AdWords numbers.
• Creation and design of other print or electronic marketing materials as needed
• Write marketing copy as needed
• Photo edit for marketing materials as needed
• Research/purchase marketing materials for picture trade shows
Requirements• Enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Marketing, Business, Journalism, or Library Science. Completed Master’s also acceptable.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Customer Service skills
• Must be tech savvy
• Must have an interest in communications technologies
• Knowledge of social media and Google Analytics
• Strong interest in history, and enjoy the challenge to show its relevance today
• Must possess distinct talent for picture editing
• Excellent interpersonal skills; good phone presence, professional manner
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy
• Must live in New York City area