Book Marketing and DistributionDreams for Kids
Paid Internships / Promotional Marketing / Public Relations / Event ManagementAmplify Inc.
Restaurant / Bar MarketingThe Pasta Bowl
Public Relations & Social Media Internship with Gourmet Food E-Commerce RetailerLobel's of New York
Marketing Internship with Gourmet Food E-Commerce RetailerLobel's of New York
Videography InternshipBookmark This
Chicago History Museum
1601 N Clark St
DescriptionINTERNSHIP TITLE: Videography Intern
STATUS: Unpaid Intern (non-employee)
ACTIVITY SUMMARY: The Videography Intern will assist the Public Communications Coordinator in conceptualizing, content creating, filming, processing, and editing of short film project surrounding Unexpected Chicago exhibition. The exhibition displays artifacts that tell surprising stories about Chicago’s history, and the Intern will assist with sharing those stories in a short, documentary-style film project. The Intern will assist with other film projects/assignments as needed.
Note: this internship position exists for individuals willing to volunteer their services without expectation or contemplation of compensation.
POSITION SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES AND CORRESPONDING EDUCATIONAL GOALS:
Film Project planning, research: Intern will have the opportunity to assist with art direction, planning, topic research, location scouting and location securing for Unexpected Chicago film project.
Film project shooting, editing : Intern will use technical skills to shoot interviews, on-locations segments for film project, process footage, and edit footage into cohesive narrative as directed by Public Communications Coordinator.
Videography Requests: Intern will be assigned to film public programs, major events, marketing content, and B-Roll for marketing initiatives for the Museum.
ADDITIONAL INTERN ACTIVITIES:
• Intern will assist the Marketing Department with posting and sharing Unexpected Chicago video project, as well as assisting with day-to-day Marketing Department functions.
• Intern will be given opportunities to attend organizational events such as staff meetings and other meetings such as brown bag lunches to gain a broader understanding of the workplace and its initiatives. In addition, opportunities for networking and informational interviews with staff will be available at the intern’s request.
• Other activities as assigned that will further the intern’s learning, knowledge, and experience.
The Intern’s activities help fulfill the Museum’s mission and purpose which is “To help people to make meaningful and personal connections to history” and will serve a civic, charitable, and humanitarian purpose consistent with our non-profit status.
-This internship will provide training similar to that which would be given in an educational environment and which is primarily for the benefit of the intern;
- This internship will also provide the intern with close supervision by regular employees qualified in the intern’s field of study.
- CHM will cooperate with educational institutions to ensure that the internship is academically oriented for the benefit of students
RequirementsThe candidate should have an interest in making history relevant to diverse audiences through a creative and technically skilled approach to filming and editing. The successful candidate is motivated; capable of working in a time-sensitive, deadline-oriented environment; a creative and flexible thinker; willing to work autonomously, but also collaboratively.
Applicant should have completed junior year in college or have recently obtained a Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in Film Production.
• Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas. Technical video camera and audio skills.
• Intern must be able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position equipment (including lights, video camera, and microphones) weighing up to 45 pounds
• Intern must be able to meet deadlines in timely fashion, create video content creatively, work collaboratively, and communicate successfully with a team.
• Commitment to follow the rules and guidelines contained in the Chicago History Museum Internship Program Handbook.
• Agreement to submit to a background screening and provide 2 recent references.
• Commitment to the mission, values, and programs of the Chicago History Museum