Marketing For High End Furniture RetailerUnlimited Furniture Group
Marketing Internship in FallThe Sheppard, LLC
Marketing/Finance interns for an existing Wearable computing startupXtrava LLC
Marketing InternThe Marketing Chicks
Client Management - Rookie Managers Wanted (Entry Level)Emblazon Events
Virtual Scientific Marketing & Communications InternBookmark This
DescriptionBioBuzz is a Biotech Industry organization that supports the local workforce and business communities. BioBuzz’s mission is to build a stronger more dynamic community by bringing the biotech workforce out of the labs to culture relationships, instead of cells. By building a stronger social community we will enhance business and job opportunities for everyone in the Maryland, DC, Virginia region and beyond.
The Virtual Marketing & Communications Internship is a key contributor to the BioBuzz marketing and PR team. In today’s social world image is everything, and you will be on the front line of defining and delivering that image to our target communities.
• Manage independent marketing projects from start to completion that will enhance your portfolio & build our brand for BioBuzz and our partners across social media and other traditional mediums.
• Create & publish content for BioBuzz social media communities
• Engage with the BioBuzz community across social networking sites and in person
• Build relationships with small businesses, the local workforce & community leaders
• Explore new sponsors, partners, and technologies across print, digital and in-person platforms
• Work cross-functionally with BioBuzz Directors & interns on various
Responsibilities• Help develop and maintain various marketing material for BioBuzz and our events.
• Use social media tools to engage new potential members to promote our brand and messages
• Develop market strategies around our Events, our partners, our sponsors and our initiatives.
• Develop unique content for the website and manage postings.
• Help to build and maintain our membership database with member information and other useful data. This includes contacting our members from time to time to maintain accuracy of data and other outreach efforts.
• Conduct market research on companies within our membership. Develop profiles for companies, including technology & market analysis, job opportunities, upcoming major milestones or events, etc.
• Create dynamic marketing campaigns for companies that will promote the company and attract the right audience for jobs or interest in their products.
• Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements• A self-starter with a desire to contribute and collaborate on new and creative projects.
• Social Media experience, specifically with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn is required. Experience with blogging, YouTube, Constant Contact, Hootsuite/TweetDeck and Wordpress are preferred.
• Experience with MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Publisher)
• Website Administration Experience is a plus (HTML, Wordpress, web development)
• Coursework or experience in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, writing etc. and a degree, substantial coursework or experience in Life Science (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) is required.
• Regular access to internet and ability to contribute 10-20 hours per week virtually.
• Should live in or around the DC Metro area, preferably in Maryland.