Marketing InternKong Digital
Marketing & Communications InternSan Francisco Wholesale Produce Market
TAX PREPARER/ADMIN ASSISTNurepublic
Marketing InternshipNamdar Realty Group
Social Media Marketing InternshipAdMix Social
Brand AmbassadorThe AroundCampus Group
Marketing & Development Coordinator - Spring 17Project Footsteps, Inc
Business Development InternBookmark This
Chicago News Media Group
415 E. Golf Rd Suite 106
Arlington Heights, IL
Posted: June 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionChicago News is a fast growing publication that is currently seeking motivated individuals to help continue our growth. Requirements include being a self-starter, making calls to request press passes for our writers, coordinating interviews, contacting venues and other arrangements. The ideal intern will be a task master and be comfortable sending emails and making phone calls to restaurants, venues and publicists on behalf of our writers and staff. If this sounds like you and you're able to commit to one or two days a week in our Arlington Heights office, then this is the internship for you.
Responsibilities- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Send emails and make phone calls to venues, etc. to obtain press passes for our writers
-Maintain a positive relationship with other businesses and our advertisers
Requirements- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
-Preferably a degree in business, marketing, PR or journalism is a plus