Visual Communications Internship at SB MarketingSB Marketing LLC
Web DeveloperThe Trinitee Group, LLC.
Marketing/Sales InternshipPheramor, Inc.
*Marketing Internship - Mobile StartupPreApps.com
Marketing InternPark Group Solutions
Sponsorship, Marketing & Media AssistantThe Festival of Ballooning, Inc.
Marketing InternThe Thaddeus Foundation
Marketing and Real Estate InternThe Lipman Group Sotheby's International Realty
Care about the Ocean? Love wine? Join the tribe.Bookmark This
New York, NY
Posted: May 07 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionProud Pour is a NY environmental start-up making your Happy Hours even more celebratory! Every time you buy a bottle of our Sauvignon Blanc, called "The Oyster”, 100 oysters are restored to NY Harbor with the Billion Oyster Project. 1 oyster filters up to 30 gallons of water per day, removes nitrogen from the water, and provides habitat for local marine species. We're expanding to help more keystone species with "The Bee" Pinot Noir, "The Beaver" Hoppy Saison, and "The Wolf" Whiskey. We want to change the world by drinking.
This internship could be considered a Business Development or Sales Intern position. We need help on the ground getting into more restaurants and retail shops. We need to send out weekly newsletters and visit current accounts. We need help at tastings, keeping current with social media and thinking of creative ways to make everyone in New York a "Proud Pourer".
Responsibilities2 days per week:
You'll hit the pavement (on your own or with one of us) and visit a number of restaurants and retail shops. At the end of that day, you'll look up in our system, the reps from our distributor associated with each of those accounts and send follow up emails. If you need to follow up at a later date, keep records of that.
1 day per week will be various Desk Work, including:
- Calling Accounts to schedule tastings or staff training
- Working with designers to create beautiful, and creative marketing materials (coasters, info cards, etc)
- Keeping records of accounts you visited
- Organizing the sales from our reps, retail accounts and restaurants and sending them letters letting them know the impact of their sales ("Your purchase of 5 cases, helped us restore 6,000 oysters, which are cleaning 180,000 gallons of water per day!")
Other activities: Wine Tastings at retails shops, attend events with us, volunteer with the Billion Oyster Project on Governor's Island
- Provide research on potential and existing clients and the competitive landscape
- Managing and following up on current restaurants
- Assist in identifying potential business opportunities
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting, key clients/prospects
- Prepare periodic reports on screening, tracking, and monitoring clients and prospects
Requirements- Must be 21 by this summer
- Work in a quickly-evolving environment, be social and interested in other people
- Not be afraid to walk into the top restaurants in NY and pitch them on "The Oyster" wine
- Have a genuine passion to fix the state of our environment (we've lost 85% of our oyster reefs worldwide)
- A background or interest in our oceans, marine life, bees and wine
- Be creative and not afraid to push the limits
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree or equivalent education
SkillsRequired - Environmental Awareness, Personable
Preferred - Creative, Wine Knowledge