Marketing InternSkyes Home
Blog and Marketing InternshipSocial Teacher
Marketing AssistantBoral Branders
Marketing Technology InternAndium
Fall 2017 Marketing InternshipMujeres Unidas Avanzando
Graphic design INTERNSHIPPrÔsperity Is A Mindset
DIGITAL MEDIA SALES INTERNSHIPPrÔsperity Is A Mindset
Communications InternshipBookmark This
United Way of Thurston County
1211 Fourth Ave E, Suiet 101
Posted: September 06 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnited Way of Thurston County (UWTC) is a dedicated organization of staff and volunteers committed to building a better community and supporting initiatives that improve lives. We envision a prosperous, safe and healthy community with hope and opportunity for all. We do this by solving community problems together through investing, volunteering, and advocating for our local community.
The Communications and Events intern will assist with UWTC’s events and communications functions with special focus on the organization’s annual fundraising event Straight from the Heart in January 2017.
Responsibilities• Work with Communications and Events Director to coordinate event logistics, vendors, auction items and registration
• Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including set up and tear down
• Maintain up-to-date event documents
• Procure and organize supplies for events
• Work with Board of Directors as needed
Requirements• High school diploma with some coursework at a college
• Self-motivated, organized and team oriented
• Commitment to the organization and mission
• Demonstrated oral, written, organizational and communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, marketing, outreach and communication skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and programs and work independently with flexibility.
• Strong interest in event planning
• Some database experience preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Constant Contact and social media platforms.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance that meets Washington State’s minimum guidelines and the ability