Marketing and Advertising Entrepreneur InternshipVenture Aviator
MARKETING / SALES / ADVERTISING INTERNBrogan Group
Marketing AssistantLabella Mobile Nail Spa
MARKETING / SALES / ADVERTISING INTERNNOVA CHEMICALS
General Admin and MarketingCyber Advanced Techology, Inc.
Marketing InternWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
Sales Executive Assistant |InternshipAaron's, Inc.
Content & Editorial InternBookmark This
36 Bay State Road
Posted: June 11 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDo617 is the most comprehensive events listings guide for anything music/culture/art/entertainment in and around Boston. We help people figure out the best stuff to do on any given day of the year.
Do617’s editorial and content intern will be responsible for content entry and maintenance needs on Do617’s website. An editorial and content intern will need to be focused, able to work quickly and efficiently, and have an eye for detail. Interns must also excel at writing and be familiar with event previews, reviews and blogging in general. Bringing an individual style and personality to your work is always encouraged.
Interns have the opportunity to network and make a variety of exciting and useful contacts at Do617 and in the local community. Creativity, new ideas and opinions are always welcome!
1. Entering events as well as happy hours and daily specials from various sources i.e. newsletters, venue and event calendars.
2. Fixing event listing errors.
3. Updating event listing with current artist info and video links.
4. Merging duplicate listings
5. All-Star commenting
6. Contributing regularly to the Do617 blog in the form of concert and event previews
7. Creatively thinking about other editorial content that would be of interest to the Do617 community
8. Additional various tasks - helping out with the Do617 events, community outreach, street teaming, and email construction.
RequirementsJOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
Must be able to fulfill college credit.
Able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Prior awareness of Do617 - active user of the site, and familiar with our other outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Newsletter, Etc)
Strong understanding of Facebook and Twitter with current, active profiles on each.
Strong, proven writing skills, with examples. Currently writing a personal blog a bonus.
Strong passion for music and/or Boston events and nightlife.
Generally “in the know” about Boston events and happenings.
Self-Motivated - ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment.
Flexible schedule - able to attend Do617 events as frequently as possible.