Corporate Development and Marketing InternshipBookmark This
1200 New Hampshire Ave NW, Suite 820
Posted: February 05 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Are you passionate about the future of our country and the future of our workforce? Do you want to join a team of dynamic professionals that share your passion? Do you want to be a part of a group that is helping improve the quality of our science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) workforce?
STEMconnector®, a Diversified Search company, is a consortium of companies, nonprofit associations and professional societies, STEM-related research & policy organizations, government entities, universities and academic institutions concerned with STEM education and the future of human capital in the United States. STEMconnector® is both a resource and a service, designed to link "all things STEM" through a comprehensive website that connects national, state and local STEM entities. The STEMconnector® website contains profiles of more than 20 categories of STEM-related entities and details ‘Who is Doing What’ on over 6000 STEM-related organizations all 50 states.
Apply to join our team! STEMconnector® is the “one-stop shop” for STEM education. We are committed to connecting entities working in the field of STEM and we are looking for dynamic, motivated and intellectually curious interns to join our team.
The Corporate Development and Marketing intern will be assigned to work on growing our client base and expanding our corporate outreach. Our clients include major corporations, federal government agencies and non-profit organizations. The intern will support the STEMconnector® strategic outreach to service existing and potential clients. The BD/OPS intern will work on tasks including researching Corporate Social Responsibility programs of major corporations, funding streams from government and foundation grant possibilities. Predominately will work on special initiatives and projects of the Executive team.(Primarily the CEO) Additionally, the intern will be an integral part of the STEMconnector® team, contributing to our website by updating existing content and generating new research-based content.
Corporate Development and Marketing activities include contributing to development of STEMconnector® events like our interactive webinars, administrative tasks and operations, sponsor meetings and others. Tasks required of the BD/OPS intern include:
• Corporate Research on educational outreach and internal learning programs
• Development of sales and marketing materials
• Content management of STEMconnector® website for updates of information in profiles
• Outreach with clients to secure contributions to blog and other outlets
• Networking opportunities at events on Capitol Hill and at Corporate thought leadership forums.
• Analysis of macroeconomic labor market data related to STEM fields
• Attending and recording events on behalf of STEMconnector®
ResponsibilitiesCompensation and Hours
• Minimum of 10 hours per week – Flexible with scheduling but must hours scheduled must fall within 8:30-6
• Hours will be set upon first
• Monthly stipend Metro commute stipend of $200
• Undergraduate or graduate students majoring public policy or business.
• Prefer candidate to have a track record of leadership and project management through organizations or classroom work.
• Detail oriented and can work under strong deadlines
• Ability to be tasked with various projects at one time.
• Interest in STEM initiatives and how that relates to government entities, large corporations, and higher education institutions.
• Demonstrated research and writing ability, plus excellent communications skills;
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
SkillsRequired - Sales, Marketing, Business Acumen, Business
Preferred - Corporate Communications, Corporate Branding