ERP - Inside Sales Associatesyscon solutions
Intern - Marketing and CommunicationsAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Marketing InternBuh! Gaming
SALES & MARKETING INTERNJetzy
Business Development executiveAdroo Technologies LLC
Marketing InternEZC Pak
Social Media Marketing Agency Summer Internship in Woodland HillsBright Age
Social Media CoordinatorRenew Packaging LLC
Development & Fundraising InternshipBookmark This
School Dangers Organization
Posted: April 20 2015
Company Location: Denton, TX
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe School Dangers mission is to improve school security nationwide through advocacy, education and application of technology. This is accomplished by educating the public, fostering an environment for open discussion, and by delivering services for training, planning, and regulatory compliance.
Inclusion and Teamwork:
School Dangers is a small nonprofit with one full-time employee and a board of directors, so interns are not just observers in our organization; they are an integral part of everything we do.
Interns work directly with the CEO. Whether through email or in person, the senior team is available to clarify questions necessary to complete a project. The CEO hosts staff meetings once a week to bring the team together to discuss weekly goals and accomplishments.
Hours expected: 15 to 20 hours a week. We are flexible about office hours and allow interns to do much of their work at home (as long as they have access to a computer and internet). We are happy to work with academic institutions to facilitate opportunities to obtain credit or university-sponsored stipends.
Build Life-Long Skills:
At School Dangers, we focus on building skills that you can apply for a lifetime, including: research methods and resources, communication, leadership, presentation, project management, resiliency, personal flexibility and technology. Through meaningful work, interns will:
* Learn how to think critically and act logically to solve problems and make decisions
* Use computers, technology, tools and information systems effectively
* Build and work in teams
* Develop leadership skills through taking ownership and responsibility of projects
* Learn how to develop a positive attitude toward change.
Responsibilities* Research and secure financial support from Corporate, Foundation and Individual donors
* Solicit corporate sponsors, financial gifts, and gift-in-kind donations
* Develop relationships with donors and sponsors
* Update records and database of donors and sources of funds
* Track all donations received by the organization
* Provide recommendations and contribute to development of programs and operations
* Coordinate with marketing, public relations and social media staff
RequirementsThe intern should have a background and/or interest in fundraising and marketing/communications.
* Interest in working in the nonprofit or public sector
* Knowledge of Excel
* Send specific examples of how your background and experience meets the required skills and/or desired skills
* High School senior, College student, College Graduate student and beyond
* Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to foster lasting community relationships
* Personal qualities of initiative, detail orientation, organization, completion, self-motivation, reliability, * flexibility, curiosity, energy and collaboration
* Ability to work with a range of people and show sensitivity to individual differences
* Availability to work an occasional evening and weekend as needed