Content & Social Media InternDavid Dobbs Enterpries
Brand Ambassador - Paid Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
SALES & MARKETING INTERNJetzy
Content Writing InternETech 7
Marketing, Social Media and Design InternConscious Artwear LLC
Marketing Executive Assistant InternINTI Realty
ARE YOU COMMITTED, HARD WORKING, SOCIAL MEDIA SAVVY?Mission 4 Media
Digital Marketing InternBookmark This
Hip Hop Democrat, Inc.
Posted: November 18 2015
Company Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionHip Hop Democrat, Inc. is a media company committed to educating, informing, and entertaining fans of Hip Hop and its culture while promoting its influence socially, economically, and politically. We are dedicated to expanding the platform for issues regarding urban communities that the hip hop industry/culture can positively influence. By doing this we hope to help Hip Hop evolve into a tool for social change.
TheHipHopDemocrat.com is a digital media platform and community of Hip Hop and political enthusiasts dedicated to creating lasting social change. Keeping a pulse on entertainment and society as a whole, HHD produces relevant content and engagement campaigns to amplifying awareness; perpetuating the grassroots movements that are helping transform humanity.
Hip Hop Democrat offers an array of content, web and mobile technologies, as well as a network of members ready to take action on a variety of social issues, creating a viable awareness channel to support initiatives of various interests. As a community of bloggers, on-the-ground organizers, activists, entrepreneurs and artists; HHD creates an environment that attracts, informs and engages readers to view the world through a different lens.
Joining one of the world's up and coming Entertainment and Society media entities means that you get some pretty cool perks:
- Growth and development opportunities at one of the coolest brands around
- Increased exposure opportunities through our growing digital platform
- Access to exclusive concerts and events
- Cash Bonuses and Gift Incentives
The purpose of the position is to grow TheHipHopDemocrat.com’s readership and fan base by assisting with the launch and implementation of an online marketing campaign. The Online Marketing Intern will not only identify and assess new opportunities, but also be the secondary point of contact with website publishers and other organizations. Most importantly, ensure that these opportunities are in line with TheHipHopDemocrat.com’s mission of transparency and do not compromise the TheHipHopDemocrat.com lender’s experience.
- Strategize and create new ideas leveraging online platforms to engage new readers
- Drive online traffic and awareness of hip hop and politics to increase sales, build a fan base and promote the site and brand via social media campaigns, blogs, forums and other online viral/grassroots efforts.
- Interact with the community, develop & build relationships w/ new users to encourage activity on social networking website
- Manage social media campaigns including content update, interacting with users and prompt responses to messages and emails
- Expand and create presence on new social networking and community sites relevant for online promotion
- Create and execute online campaigns to help promote existing content and new releases
- Test different vehicles, report findings and provide recommendations for optimizing social networking campaigns and other marketing campaigns
- Attending team meetings and activities
- Reading and responding to user comments and guiding online conversations
- Promoting the website through online networking and outreach
- Spending an average of at least 5-10 hours a week on HHD work
- Music lover and passion for politics
- Knowledge of music industry, current events, political and social issues
- Familiarity and active participation in web social networking communities including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other major social networking sites as well as blogs, forums, and message boards
- Has track record for creating buzz, bringing visitor traffic, creating visitor engagement, increasing visibility and popularity
- Attune to current and developing trends in online social networking
- Knowledge of html helpful, but not required
- Think creatively and outside of the box
- Strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take direction and make independent decisions
- A sense of humor!
SkillsRequired - Social Media, American English
Preferred - CSS, WordPress, Email, Building Community Partnerships