Marketing Lead InternshipBusiness Services
Website Manager and Designer - Big Data StartupGreenwich.HR
Social Media & Marketing InternDormMom Metro Atlanta, Inc
Digital Marketing Video InternshipRave Decor
Digital Marketing Intern- ORLANDO & TAMPA AREASOneThing Strategic Marketing Group
Social Media InternProspect Row
Integrated Marketing Intern [FALL/WINTER 2016]IM Boston
Digital Marketing InternBookmark This
Bresco (Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc.)
2428 6th Ave S
Posted: September 29 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBresco (Birmingham Restaurant Supply, Inc.) has more than 40 years of experience in supplying restaurants, bars, schools, universities, hospitals, US embassies and other customers across the country with foodservice equipment and supplies. In addition to our traditional brand offering, we also have an award-winning full service design-build department, and a growing ecommerce enterprise operating as a separate national brand. Consistently recognized as a leader and innovator in our industry, we strive for excellence and as such demand excellent people to help drive our business. Our offices are in downtown Birmingham, AL.
The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for assisting and supporting the digital marketing manager with a variety of content marketing, social media marketing and email marketing initiatives. Additionally, the candidate may be called on to assist with other duties within the ecommerce division.
The digital marketing intern will gain experience in multiple facets of digital marketing for various brands in a highly competitive industry, and will gain invaluable experience in ecommerce. Skills that will be practiced and/or acquired include content creation, digital marketing strategy, cross-channel marketing, remarketing, budget management, reporting, analytics and more. This position will report to the digital marketing manager. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Duration, Hours and Compensation:
• Duration: Begins Oct. 10, lasting half a semester with possibility of extension for spring semester based on merit. We will abide by the official academic calendar of your university.
• Hours: 15-20 hours per week, to be determined based on availability at time of hire. We will work around your class schedule.
• Compensation: Paid, hourly.
• Assist digital marketing manager in creating monthly digital content calendar.
• Conduct background research for blog content.
• Draft blog posts under the guidance and direction of the digital marketing manager.
• Assist the digital marketing manager with digital asset creation, including graphics, animation, video production and photography.
Social Media Marketing
• Assist digital marketing manager with planning monthly social media content calendars for multiple brands.
• Under the direction of the digital marketing manager, write content and create assets for social media posts as outlined in the content calendars.
• Schedule and/or post approved social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and more.
• Monitor all internal and competitor social media channels.
• Assist with social media marketing reports.
• Assist digital marketing manager and ecommerce manager with planning marketing email content.
• Assist with writing and creating content for marketing emails.
• Support digital marketing manager on list segmentation, reporting and split testing.
• Assist ecommerce manager with writing on-site content such as product descriptions and landing pages.
• Under the direction of the ecommerce manager and digital marketing manager, conduct product photography for the website.
• Attend meetings and conference calls as seen fit and when available to do so.
• Occasionally answer phone calls and take messages (typically only when everyone else is on the phone and can’t answer).
• Additional duties as assigned by management.
• Current college junior or senior.
• Major program of study should be in marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism, communications, fine arts or a related field.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Excellent writing ability is a critical skill for this internship. Candidates must have the ability to write both long-form blog posts and social media posts in a variety of voices. Knowledge of AP style is a plus and previous experience with SEO content writing will be highly taken into consideration.
• Working knowledge of and experience with all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) is a must. Previous experience with WordPress is a plus.
• Candidates must have previous experience using Adobe Photoshop at a minimum, with additional experience in Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign highly preferred. Experience with other Adobe CC products are a plus.
• Photography experience using a manual digital SLR is required. Experience with off-camera lighting is a plus.
• Previous experience with social media management tools like Hootsuite is a plus.
• Previous experience with email marketing platforms like MailChimp, Emma, AWeber, Constant Contact, etc. is a plus.
• Candidates must demonstrate strong attention to detail and have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and assignments at the same time.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel is required.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to interact with co-workers, vendors and customers in a professional manner.
• Restaurant or foodservice experience not required but certainly a plus for content writing.
SkillsRequired - Adobe Photoshop, Article Writing, Blogging, Writing, Social Media, Photography, Microsoft Office, Attention To Detail
Preferred - Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Hootsuite, Email Marketing, WordPress, SEO, AP Style, Copywriting, Graphic Design