Marketing Internship with QODA Mobile - App StartupQODA Mobile, LLC.
Marketing InternAthens Yoga Institute
Marketing and Social MediaPraos Health Inc.
Data Entry ClerkAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Marketing InternGambit Sports Private Limited
Marketing ExecutiveFabian Media Pvt. Ltd
Marketing InternEuro School of Tennis
Social Media InternEuro School of Tennis
Digital Marketing/Public Relations InternBookmark This
New England Historic Genealogical Society
101 Newbury St.
Posted: October 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTo advance the study of family history in America and beyond, the New England Historic Genealogical Society educates, inspires, and connects people through our scholarship, collections, and expertise. We have an 8-story research center on Newbury Street in Boston, with over 70 full-time staff; and, we serve 25,000 members nationally and 125,000 total constituents.The New England Historic Genealogical Society is seeking a Digital Marketing/Public Relations Intern to play a supporting role in executing NEHGS’s strategic plan to engage current and prospective customers. This position will assist the Marketing and Web teams by conducting email, phone and social media outreach to identify and increase distribution for NEHGS announcements and events, and to encourage cross-collaboration between NEHGS and similar institutions. The Digital Marketing/Public Relations Intern will be involved in marketing campaign planning and execution, and may also be tasked with writing press releases and other marketing copy for electronic and print materials.
This person must have excellent oral and written communication skills, pay close attention to detail, juggle multiple tasks and be deadline-oriented. This unpaid internship provides a great opportunity to learn valuable skills and technologies.
Details: Position is an unpaid internship with a minimum of 14 hours a week. Schedule is flexible.
• Help build relationships with peer institutions, members and prospective partners through phone, email and social media outreach
• Revise, edit, and proofread marketing copy as needed
• Work with Marketing and Website Directors to conceptualize and develop results-driven targeted messages and stories to engage current and prospective customers
• Utilize SEO strategies and implement best practices to enhance the distribution of created content
• Assist in building and managing social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and any other relevant channels as needed
• Research, analyze and test the best ways for consumers to find and consume content.
• Assist in maintaining an editorial content calendar
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS degree/or work toward a degree in Creative Writing, English, Communication, Journalism, Marketing or related fields
• Exceptional writing and editing skills (writing samples required)
• High comfort level making cold calls; persistent and polite manner
• Basic understanding of SEO and social media
• Ability to repurpose content created for various different formats
• Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
• Experience with Photoshop (able to edit and resize images)
• Some experience using a content management system such as WordPress or Drupal
SkillsRequired - Social Media, SEO
Preferred - WordPress