Publishing Marketing AssociateBook Your Success Now
Entry Level Marketing and Advertising PositionsMAC-Management Group
Online Development InternCME Outfitters, LLC
Digital Marketing InternshipPink Heals Manitowoc County
Paid Marketing InternshipVyral Marketing
PR/Marketing internThe Mayo Agencies
Marketing InternWatchlive Inc.
Digital Media & Marketing InternshipBookmark This
Arlington County Parks & Recreation
2100 Clarendon Blvd.
Posted: April 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionArlington County Parks & Rec is looking to hire a sharp, enthusiastic digital media intern to help develop and enhance our online presence. The ideal candidate will have solid knowledge of digital and social media as well as having a strong understanding of how to grow audiences in the online space. Ability to manipulate images in Photoshop is required. S/he will be responsible for working with our website gurus to update our websites, creating multi-media content to drive traffic to our website and social media profiles and working on digital marketing projects with our team.
Responsibilities• Creates photos, images, text and video to post on DPR social media to support the department’s facilities, events, programs and services. (40%)
• Manages the departments photo library (10%)
• Extrapolates social media and web statistics/analytics. (5%)
• Maintains a strong knowledge and skill level of the technology and skills used in digital communications including software, writing, editing, layout and strategic messaging. Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, list servers, and professional e-sources. (5%)
Updates the website with accurate, timely information. (25%)
• Ensures that all digital communications are accurate, timely and effective. Support 508/accessibility compliance. (5%)
Acts as an integral part of the marking unit team by sharing information, skills and strategies. (5%)
• Supports the Marketing team as needed by assisting at special events and in other marketing areas such as developing flyers, posters, talking points and other materials used to extend the outreach of the Department of Parks and Recreation. (5%)
Requirements• The Digital Communications Intern must have strong communication skills specifically in writing, editing, oral communications, digital communications, layout and design.
• Strong technological skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, web content management tools, web development, social marketing and desktop publishing. The Intern must have experience in design software such as Photoshop, Google Analytics or other web statistics programs, HTML, XML, and CSS.
• The Digital Communications Intern must be able to take good photographs and videos and upload edited images as needed.
• The Digital Communications Intern must take the initiative to learn new technologies that may not be offered in general County trainings.
SkillsRequired - Social Media, WordPress, Writing For The Web
Preferred - Graphic Design