IMMEDIATE NEED! Full Time Entry-Level & Summer WorkMidwest Focus Group
Sales & Marketing Support InternEnergy Lighting Services
front deskDT Group
front deskDT Group
Web DesignerFlow Synergy Business Alliance
MarketingFlow Synergy Business Alliance
Social Marketing InternLaureen Oliphant
Junior Marketing InternMercury Matrix, Inc.
Event Marketing InternBookmark This
Social Revolt Marketing
211 N Ervay 17th Floor
Posted: April 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSocial Revolt is a full-service boutique marketing agency specializing in social media, event promotion, graphic design, video and PR. We pair PR, advertising, and social media management with strategy development, reputation management, and influencer marketing to drive results for our clients. We have worked with and consulted some of the largest brands, events, influencers, and media properties in Dallas on overall social strategy and ad implementation. We have a proven track record of providing value and ROI to our clients. We are a team of writers, marketers, analysts, and creative professionals who share a passion for driving success through social marketing platforms.
We are currently accepting applications for Event Marketing Interns to gain hands-on learning experience while working alongside the Social Revolt team. In this role, interns will develop marketing and promotion skills working on live local events such as concerts, festivals, parties, and the like. This is a great opportunity for someone to get plugged in to the greatest events taking place in Dallas while developing their social media and community management skill set in a fast-paced environment.
Position: Event specific for an event taking place at the beginning of June 2016
Start Date: ASAP or by May 4, 2016
End Date: June 8, 2016 (with opportunity to continue working with Social Revolt on future events)
Commitment: Our office hours are (roughly) 10am to 10pm Monday through Friday. We will need any prospective candidate to be able to come in to work with us in our office during these hours at least 2 days a week (preferably 3) for this internship.
Pay: Unpaid with benefits such as concert and event tickets, exclusive access, media interview and photo opportunities, publication capabilities, job experience for resume/portfolio/LinkedIn, college coursework credit, and other discretional giveaways and access.
ResponsibilitiesAs an Event Marketing Intern, you can expect to attend and promote live events in Dallas through marketing efforts and under the direction of our team members:
• Utilize in-person street marketing and online marketing to build awareness and promote upcoming live events in Dallas
• Take photos and optimize for social sharing (professional photography skills and equipment not required, but low-res or poor images that don't meet design standards do not best represent our clients, and will most likely not be used)
• Write articles previewing upcoming events and recapping events
• Collaborate with internal departments on related projects and assignments
• Demonstrate interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
• Assist in social media content creation, distribution and strategy
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
RequirementsApply for this position if you:
• Want to expand your foundation of event marketing skills & knowledge
• Are fluent in English and have excellent spoken and written communication skills, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Are self-motivated and able to work independently with the desire and ability to learn quickly and take initiative to problem solve
• Are highly organized with a strong attention to detail
• Can analyze information and deliver conclusion or report data in an effective manner
• Have worked with Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Docs, and Adobe
• Operate at a high level in a fast paced environment
• Have Photoshop & graphic design skills (a major plus)
• Are able and willing to dedicate a minimum of 15-20 hours/week and must have a personal computer to work on
• Have adequate transportation to and from our downtown Dallas office
SkillsRequired - Communication, Motivation, Writing Skills, American English
Preferred - Social Media, Facebook, Adobe Creative Suite, Digital Marketing, Digital Photography, Analytics, Twitter, Adobe, Instagram, Design, Hootsuite, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Adobe Acrobat Pro