Customer Loyalty AssociateSpice Pharm
Communications InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Lead Verification SpecialistThe Factory Interactive
Publishing Marketing AssociateBook Your Success Now
Entry Level Marketing and Advertising PositionsMAC-Management Group
Online Development InternCME Outfitters, LLC
Foundation Intern/AssistantBookmark This
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
222 S. Prospect St.
Park Ridge, IL
Posted: February 15 2017
Application Deadline: May 1, 2017
Position: Full-time, Paid
Timeframe: 05/15/17 — 09/15/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Founded in 1931, the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) is the professional association representing more than 50,000 Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) and student registered nurse anesthetists (SRNAs) nationwide. CRNAs practice in every setting in which anesthesia is delivered: hospitals; ambulatory surgical centers; the offices of dentists, podiatrists, ophthalmologists, plastic surgeons, and pain management specialists; and military, public health, and veteran healthcare facilities.
Established in 1981, the AANA Foundation is a charitable organization devoted to anesthesia research, education and development. The Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the AANA. The Foundation funds scholarships, doctoral fellowships, post-doctoral fellowships, research grants, general poster sessions, poster sessions and doctoral mentorships. Recognition awards are presented annually by the AANA Foundation.
AANA Foundation Mission: To advance the science of anesthesia through education and research. As the philanthropic arm of the AANA, the Foundation raises funds and invests in projects that directly support the nurse anesthesia profession.
AANA Foundation Vision: To serve as the leading resource for assuring safe anesthesia care through education and research.
AANA Foundation Core Values: Knowledge, integrity, excellence and stewardship
ResponsibilitiesMarketing Intern Duties include:
Fundraising and Marketing (60%):
• Annual Congress – signage, materials, sponsorship forms, advertisements, invitations, auction, etc.
• RISE Above Campaign – Research In Safety & Effectiveness - assist in the development of campaign, materials, webpage
• Website enhancement and improvements
• Social media posts, enhancements, and improvements to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter accounts
• Annual Report copy and design changes
• Prezi and PowerPoint presentations – general and targeted campaigns
• Video editing – leadership, testimonials, special funds and projects
• Pre and post integrated fundraising efforts around telemarketing campaign
• Illustrations for web and other media (desired)
• Poster Session and scholarship payment and certificate processing
• Event RSVPs
• Mail merges and mailing letters
• Slide deck preparation (PowerPoint/Prezi)
• Online survey updates using SurveyMonkey software
• Downloading and filing emails
• Hand-written thank you notes
• Strong verbal, written and proofreading skills.
• Demonstrated accuracy and ability to analyze information, prioritize, and pay attention to details.
• Organizational skills and ability to meet established deadlines.
• Works cooperatively with others, yet demonstrates an ability to work independently.
• Is self-motivated, thinks creatively, and initiates ideas or resolutions that go beyond what has been literally requested.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software (mail merges, formulas, sorting, slide shows).
• SharePoint and Prezi knowledge desired, but will train.
• Video editing and Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator experience a plus.
• Previous internship experience a plus.
• Third or fourth year undergraduate student, or recent graduate. Majors desired: Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Journalism, English.
This is a paid position starting May 2017 or sooner if available. Hours are negotiable (16-35 per week). Writing & design samples and references required upon application. Access to online portfolios within the cover letter is ideal.