Videographer / EditorChatter Buzz
Social Media Marketing GuruMellivora
FOSSIL Project Social Media Specialist - Paid InternshipThe FOSSIL Project at the Florida Museum of Natural History (UF)
Strategic Programs InternshipMeltwater Group
Real Estate SaaS in Santa Monica | Marketing, Analytics, SupportWIKIREALTY
Marketing & Development InternNew York Interview Coaching
Fitness and Marketing InternProject Big Brand
MarketingArmstrong World Industries
Let’s Leap Ahead PR and Social Media Marketing Internship (Fall — Spring)Bookmark This
Let's Leap Ahead
15373 Innovation Dr., Suite 360
San Diego, CA
Posted: August 25 2015
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you looking for an internship at a fast growing company that specializes in the latest technologies in education? Do you want an internship with an opportunity to see the inner workings of a company, build real PR and marketing skills, and gain valuable work experience?
If so, join the Let’s Leap Ahead team in revolutionizing student learning all over the world!
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Let’s Leap Ahead is an e-learning company dedicated to improving the education of children all over the world. We are one of the top publishers of children’s educational books in North America. Our mission is to revolutionize the way students learn in order to make a real impact on our children’s education. We developed 16 Friendzy apps to help students excel in schools, including MathFriendzy, a one-of-a-kind Mathematics collaborative learning system. This is the largest suite of the most fun, complete, and interactive educational apps available today. For more information, visit http://www.mathfriendzy.com/.
Under the guidance and direction of the PR and Marketing Manager, the interns will assist in the creation and implementation of public relations and marketing strategy and tactics, and will play an active role on increasing MathFriendzy’s visibility on social media. The ideal candidate will have interest in an entrepreneurial environment and have a passion for public relations, branding, and social media.
Duration: 1 semester
Hours: flex time; 10-20 hours a week
Compensation: Unpaid internship/for academic credit
Responsibilities● Build and maintain relationships with both local and national media, and develop media/editorial contacts list.
● Assist with targeted publication research to identify placement of bylined articles, quotes, expert opinion and thought leadership pieces and editorial/reporter contacts.
● Write press releases, columns, newsletter articles, and website content, and pitch press releases to the media.
● Build MathFriendzy tutoring clubs in universities across the country, and appoint an exceptional student ambassador in the university as president. The primary responsibility of the tutoring club president will be recruiting other college students to provide free tutorial services in MathFriendzy and maintain the club. Members of the club can use tutoring services to fulfill their required community service.
● Contact and recruit local schools to implement tutoring clubs that would provide free tutoring services for students using MathFriendzy.
● Utilize word-of-mouth marketing, digital marketing, and social media marketing techniques to increase web traffic and search engine placement, company awareness, and attract new customers.
● Assist with all areas of MathFriendzy’s digital and social media content strategy, development distribution & management.
o Grow MathFriendzy’s online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
o Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing clients and increase the number of impressions on potential clients.
o Create, maintain, and organize blogger and digital databases.
o Perform social media research, including social media outlets, technology and opportunities.
o Update social media accounts, by creating and/or finding articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posting it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
o Respond to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with MathFriendzy.
● Complete other PR and marketing projects as assigned.
Requirements● College student majoring in marketing, advertising, public relations, or communications desired.
● Solid understanding of the Internet and social media marketing best practices as well as Public Relations.
● Familiarity with and experience using multiple social media platforms.
● Strong research, written and verbal communication skills.
● Graphic design experience a plus (Photoshop and Adobe InDesign experience is preferred).
● Results driven, detail oriented, consistently meet deadlines and produce high quality work.
● Highly organized with the ability to multitask.