Social Media & Community Management InternHutch
Marketing InternWilliam Martin,Ph.D.,P.C.
Marketing InternExpandable Software, Inc.
Social Media/Marketing/Branding InternREAL New York
Online Travel Agency Brand ManagerPink Palapa Enterprises
Recruiting InternFlashmob Solutions, Inc.
Customer Service RepresentativeStauner insurance agency inc
Digital Marketing Intern, College creditAurum & Sharpe
Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
Edgewater Development Corporation
1055 W Bryn Mawr Ave
Posted: September 09 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMarketing and Communications Intern
Description: Edgewater Development Corporation seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a community based nonprofit organization.
ResponsibilitiesAssist staff with Marketing plan designed to raise visibility of EDC
• Update and maintain social media presence, including scheduling Facebook and Twitter updates
• Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts, and follow up with media outlets
• Maintain media contact tracking list
• Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing materials
• Update the EDC website as needed
• Assist with monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Assist with management of master calendar
• Participate in Community outreach and engagement
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship for course credit
Requirements• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Firm grasp of available tools and social media platforms
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
• Must be highly computer literate; working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel, Constant Contact, Wordpress, Adobe, Publisher, InDesign and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines