Marketing InternParadise Legal Support & Secretarial Services
Marketing InternCostco Wholesale
Marketing InternDream Catcher Consulting Firm
Marketing InternAusgold Limited
Publisher's Assistant VirtualSRM Graphics and Printing
(Digital Street Team Lead) - National Recording ArtistLos Angeles Talent LLC
Marketing InternCatStone NYC
Marketing InternCatStone NYC
Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor
1200 S. Cabrillo Ave.
San Pedro, CA
Posted: April 28 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJob Description: Marketing and Communications Intern
True to its mission since 1937, the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor (BGCLAH) helps young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens. We achieve this through a commitment to quality programs and services in an environment that is safe, nurturing and inspiring.
Presently the Club serves over 12,000 youth annually at 14 sites making us the largest private daily service provider to at-risk youth in the entire L.A. Harbor area.
Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Start date: Position open until filled. Requires three-month commitment. Ability to continue position beyond three months preferred.
• Update and maintain social media presence on multiple channels
• Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
• Designing flyers, graphics, invitations and other marketing materials for BGCLAH events and programs
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Update the BGCLAH website when needed
• Film/edit video for social media
• Support the Development team with a variety of tasks
• Attend networking events to represent BGCLAH
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (Marketing/Communications, Graphic Design, or Public Relations)
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop required - Experience in Adobe InDesign a plus
• Proven experience in graphic design (MUST send samples)
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space – Experience with Hootsuite or other social media management software a plus
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
• An effective communicator, both oral and written (MUST send samples)
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with staff, press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit field a plus
• Experience in Wordpress (or other website management tool), Constant Contact (or other email newsletter building program) and Sony Movie Studio (or other film editing software) a plus
• Enthusiasm for the mission of BGCLAH
Hours: 12-20 hours per week. Prefer someone who can work mornings.
To Apply: Please a send resume and writing and design samples to email@example.com under email subject line – “Internship Application”
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
SkillsRequired - Adobe Photoshop, Marketing, Communicaitons, Graphic Design, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
Preferred - Adobe InDesign, Hootsuite